No announcement yet.

NWO: Featherweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Featherweights

So John finally got his ass back in the ring and scored a win. He's back in the mix now, though he shouldn't be considered #1 there anymore. Top Rank might take a little more time to build up Lopez vs Gamboa, even though this fight is big already. Hasegawa jumped up and grabbed a strap in his last fight. In case you didn't see it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HNK3YRR0 - sweetboxing

Marquez and Ponce are on the outside looking in with the other ex-titlists from the division. 126 is sitting on some fire if the fights come off. Who do think takes over the division this year? Lopez is on top right now but don't strike me as a guy with staying power. I think Gamboa takes him. Need to see another fight from Hasegawa at 126 to see how he holds up at the weight.

I'm liking the tournament ideas now. Showtime screwed up making the Super 6 a round robin. They got it right with the bantamweights though. Do the same thing at 126. Caballero is out after that Litzau debacle, so screw him. Lets see Gamboa-Lopez with the winner fighting the winner of Hasegawa-John. Seems too idealistic to be realistic, but it's possible. Gamboa and Lopez are the money guys here, and since they're being geared towards each other anyway, no reason for Arum to not let it come off. Hasegawa beats John imo, but he got stopped by Montiel, so his chin might not sustain at 126. Lopez had too much trouble with Mtagwa for me to pick him over Yuri. If they can put it together, Yuri takes over.

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
      I'm liking the tournament ideas now. Showtime screwed up making the Super 6 a round robin. They got it right with the bantamweights though. Do the same thing at 126. Caballero is out after that Litzau debacle, so screw him. Lets see Gamboa-Lopez with the winner fighting the winner of Hasegawa-John. Seems too idealistic to be realistic, but it's possible. Gamboa and Lopez are the money guys here, and since they're being geared towards each other anyway, no reason for Arum to not let it come off. Hasegawa beats John imo, but he got stopped by Montiel, so his chin might not sustain at 126. Lopez had too much trouble with Mtagwa for me to pick him over Yuri. If they can put it together, Yuri takes over.
      Yuri looked sloppy as hell against Salido, if he fought like that against JuanMa he would get steamrolled. I think JuanMa's problems against Mtagwa were really attributed to weight issues, he is big even for 126.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Yuri looked sloppy as hell against Salido, if he fought like that against JuanMa he would get steamrolled. I think JuanMa's problems against Mtagwa were really attributed to weight issues, he is big even for 126.
        I don't blame Yuri for being subpar in that fight mate. Didn't expect him to really be up for a guy like Salido. He still won handily, he just didn't dazzle. I thought Lopez would run over Mtagwa, even if he was on his last legs as a super bantam fighter. As crude and wide open as he is, weight problems alone shouldn't have been enough to see Lopez damn near KO'd. Yuri has the moves to shut down his workrate. 1 shot at a time won't do it for him.

Comment

I know he got a belt there but is Hasegawa committed to stayin at 126 for good? I ain't heard shit about it.

As for the other guys, John is probably on his last legs. All this inactivity is killin his career. I'm pickin Yuri to beat Juanma. Lopez wins by KO or by outworkin his guys. I don't think he can do either to Yuri. Juanma ain't really had to get past a good boxer just yet. I'm guessin he can't til he proves otherwise. Raf was way more in that fight than he shoulda been. I thought Juanma would destroy him in 4 or 5.

Comment

Working...
          X