No announcement yet.

knee joint health

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knee joint health

How do i keep it healthy I mest it up by over running and know it cracks when I get tired or whenever I do running or heavy squats...

Any advice?

when you run land on the balls of your feet, not the heel. this fixed my shin splints and knees. look up barefoot running (although you can do it with shoes). i had a physio session the other day where my knee was examined. do a body weight single leg squat (called a pistol) when i do them my knee wobbles inwards slightly. the physio said that is because of weak glutes. so some knee problems are caused my muscle imbalances. im not sure how you test for those though, where do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
      when you run land on the balls of your feet, not the heel. this fixed my shin splints and knees. look up barefoot running (although you can do it with shoes). i had a physio session the other day where my knee was examined. do a body weight single leg squat (called a pistol) when i do them my knee wobbles inwards slightly. the physio said that is because of weak glutes. so some knee problems are caused my muscle imbalances. im not sure how you test for those though, where do you live?
      Yeah I know Ive tried to do lounges to strength the joint but Im very inconsistent... Im from the US buy I have no insurance

Comment

well...
        i like it all article, but you have to solve this problem as soon as possible ....
        Its good for your health and fitness also !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
          well...
          i like it all article, but you have to solve this problem as soon as possible ....
          Its good for your health and fitness also !!!
          I know man

Comment

Cracking like fluid popping.. like when you crack your knuckles or grating like dragging rock over concrete..fluid popping is usually not a big deal..Massage around the knees before and after using them..This increases fluid circulation as their are a ton of tissue pockets in joints and it's important that they get the fluid they need to lubricate and absorb shocks..I think Epsom salt soaks/wet wraps are great for sore joints..Also eat meat stews from joint cuts .Lamb shanks yum..I swear the collagen from eating a broth/stew made from a Joint cuts go straight to my bad knee the next day and acts like a squirt of oil to a grinding gear.

Comment

Working...
            X