• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini Vs Michael "The Great" Katsidis

who takes this one?

Originally posted by dansweeney View Post
    who takes this one?
    Boom boom baby, and I don't think he has much trouble. Katsidis was putting up a hell of a fight against a master in Marquez before he gassed out and couldn't keep his arms up or throw punches.

Alexis Arguello said he was tough as a bull and he never stopped coming forward. He was hard to hurt and fought hard until the 14th round when Arguello was able to stop him, but it wasn't easy.

Mancini is one of my favorite fighters, he just had an extremely short career. But he hit hard and had no quit in him. He was always great to watch. Katsidis has just never shown the type of conditioning that Mancini displayed in his wars with Arguello and Kim.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      Boom boom baby, and I don't think he has much trouble. Katsidis was putting up a hell of a fight against a master in Marquez before he gassed out and couldn't keep his arms up or throw punches.

Alexis Arguello said he was tough as a bull and he never stopped coming forward. He was hard to hurt and fought hard until the 14th round when Arguello was able to stop him, but it wasn't easy.

Mancini is one of my favorite fighters, he just had an extremely short career. But he hit hard and had no quit in him. He was always great to watch. Katsidis has just never shown the type of conditioning that Mancini displayed in his wars with Arguello and Kim.
      Agreed, that's why I withheld my opinion. Boom Boom was a 15 round fighter. I think Katsidis would give him hell for 7 or 8 but would be tko'd after that. nice analysis!!

Comment

Originally posted by dansweeney View Post
        Agreed, that's why I withheld my opinion. Boom Boom was a 15 round fighter. I think Katsidis would give him hell for 7 or 8 but would be tko'd after that. nice analysis!!
        Katsidis was looking to mix it up with Marquez because that's when he's most effective. If he tried to mix it up with Boom Boom he may be going home early, as Ray is a harder hitter and he too likes to mix it up, he's just much better at it than Katsidis.

Think of how talented Maestro was. I would say he was a better boxer/puncher/everything than Marquez was. Not saying Marquez isn't great, but Arguello was on his own level. Mancini went 14 rounds with one of the greatest boxers of all time, something I can't imagine Katsidis doing, and if Katsidis took his style of fight in with Ray, I see a definite early stoppage with Katsidis getting hurt.

Comment

i cannot add to this... you said it all here Carlos

Comment

The crowd wins. The janitor loses.

Katsidis is more on the Gatti, or Ward level, than he is the Mancini one.

Comment

Yeah. This. Nice post.

Comment

Working...
              X