Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr at 168lbs. Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar De La Hoya vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr at 168lbs. Who wins?

This would be great for Oscar's first fight back just to shake off the ring rust before fighting GGG at 160.

Who wins?

I say Oscar knocks him out in 6 rounds similar to what he did the last time he came out of retirement to fight Mayorga.
    Oscar wins
    40.00%
    JCC jr beats him
    60.00%

VS

Comment

Oscar looks about 175 pounds right now. Getting down to 168 shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Oscar will be able to make 160 due to his frame, he's way too small for 168.

I'd take Oscar over Chavez jr at 160-164 now, for sure. Oscar never lost to or was even troubled by a face-first brawler type in his entire career (unless you put Mosley into the category and I do not). I recently suggested that Oscar and Trinidad do a rematch because Felix needs money, but he's probably still too much of a poosy; rather die broke in a hut than get in the ring with DLH again.

Comment

JCC Jr. would beat this version of De La Hoya a pulp.
          If De La Hoya really wants to return now, he is just dumb

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Oscar will be able to make 160 due to his frame, he's way too small for 168.

I'd take Oscar over Chavez jr at 160-164 now, for sure. Oscar never lost to or was even troubled by a face-first brawler type in his entire career (unless you put Mosley into the category and I do not). I recently suggested that Oscar and Trinidad do a rematch because Felix needs money, but he's probably still too much of a poosy; rather die broke in a hut than get in the ring with DLH again.

Chavez is way too big for 168 so it kind of works out. Plus after being out of the ring for 7 years even 160 might be harder than expected to make in the first fight back.

De La Hoya/Trinidad II would be great too but you're probably right, Felix probably got one look at Oscar's current physique and said "fuck that, I'll stay retired and healthy"

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
              JCC Jr. would beat this version of De La Hoya a pulp.
              If De La Hoya really wants to return now, he is just dumb

De la Hoya never had problems with face first brawlers. This would be a welcome back showcase fight to shake off the ring rust and hype up the Oscar/GGG Mega PPV.

Comment

oscar always had them huge shoulders huh, abner has some huge shoulders too.

I got oscar of the spoiled brat anyday.

Comment

Chavez Jr. by DQ after De La Hoya ****s his trunks after being hit again for the first time in several years.

Comment

I haven't heard about Oscar fighting again and I think he is too smart, too rich and too retired to fight again.

Comment

Working...
                    X