No announcement yet.

If Ali didn't come back to boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ali didn't come back to boxing.

What if Ali didn't return to the ring? Would Foreman have been HW champ longer?

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    What if Ali didn't return to the ring? Would Foreman have been HW champ longer?
    I'd just assume that Foreman would have held the title until he lost to Jimmy Young. Then if George retires (like he did), Young turns the title over to Norton by the same close decision that actually had. But if Foreman doesn't retire and gets a rematch, he beats Young and heavyweight history takes a different turn. My guess is that Foreman would have held the title until he drops a decision to a hungry young Larry Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      I'd just assume that Foreman would have held the title until he lost to Jimmy Young. Then if George retires (like he did), Young turns the title over to Norton by the same close decision that actually had. But if Foreman doesn't retire and gets a rematch, he beats Young and heavyweight history takes a different turn. My guess is that Foreman would have held the title until he drops a decision to a hungry young Larry Holmes.

You beat me to it! Exactly what I was going to say, really uncanny!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        man there are some bright people on this form. I guess I wonder if foreman loses to young if there fight is in an indoor venue.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          man there are some bright people on this form. I guess I wonder if foreman loses to young if there fight is in an indoor venue.
          Yeah, and if he hadn't have already been demoralized by the Ali loss.

Comment

Working...
          X