Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adrien Broner's career already over?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even like the guy, but he's only 24 yrs.old. He's way younger than some of the immature over 30 yrs. old trolls in this forum. He just needs to fix his mistakes, and change his attitude. I think he needs to move down to the 140 lbs division.

Comment

he's young and talented.

that said if he doesn't grow from this, he is all done.

my money is on adrian broner being on the downside.

people are forgetting the most important aspect of his career: he had all of his success against smaller men.

he's not moving back down in weight. i highly doubt it, anyway. at 147 he's not a big puncher, and his arm length is n't the massive advantage it was at 130 and 135. it's also much easier to swat away and roll shots from smaller guys [marquez - mayweather.]

broner is not going to be anywhere near the star he thought he'd be.

Comment

It's obviously not over, but at this point there seems to be a very definite limit on what he can achieve. Maidana was a great style match-up for Broner, as good as he's going to get at the top level. Let's face it, that's why Maidana was picked as an opponent in the first place.

Getting beaten up in a fight like that means some serious changes are needed. The post-comments from him and his trainer don't suggest that they fully appreciate this fact.

Comment

He will never be a top tier Floyd or Pac type superstar as he was being prepped and hyped to be. He can stil make good money and be entertaining but the hype has ended. I bet Showtime, GBP, Haymon have all moved on into the Thurman business.

Comment

Working...
          X