Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory 9/11 anniversary thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a paper boy, just came home in the evening after my route. I always kind of face palm wondering why I was working at such a young age. Anyway, it was close to bed time when I found out about the WTC so it didn't sink in untill next day when I was flipping channels and I think just about every single channel was covering this. All of them. Never seen anything like it since.

Comment

I felt especially bad for the brave firemen that lost their lives, must have been terrible on their families. They died as heroes.

Comment

To all those heroes that ran inside those buildings to rescue others not knowing that were never going to come back alive

Rest in Peace

Comment

Respect, and prayers sent to all involved, especially those no longer here with us.

Comment

I still remember the day our HS principal told everyone in the school through the PA what happened. It was math class.

After the class ended school was done for the day, parents were down by the office to pick up their kids. When i got home is when i saw what really went down, it was shocking.

RIP to all of those who lost their life.

Comment

I remember exactly when it happened. It is infused. I was at work, and someone told me, go now to the CNN web page. We all just stared at it all day. I don't think any of us got any work done. It was so unreal.

Not all the memories are bad though. We had probably well over a 100 American flights diverted to here. Thousands of Americans grounded in our city. I really like how we rallied together to assist them, took them into our homes and provided whatever we could. That is how neighbors are supposed to treat each other.

Our Airport looked like this for days. Had to close one of our long runways just to provide room for planes.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                I remember exactly when it happened. It is infused. I was at work, and someone told me, go now to the CNN web page. We all just stared at it all day. I don't think any of us got any work done. It was so unreal.

Not all the memories are bad though. We had probably well over a 100 American flights diverted to here. Thousands of Americans grounded in our city. I really like how we rallied together to assist them, took them into our homes and provided whatever we could. That is how neighbors are supposed to treat each other.

Our Airport looked like this for days. Had to close one of our long runways just to provide room for planes.
                same here. every website server was so overloaded that i finally, after hours of searching, did we come across info on some greek website.

Comment

Sad day.

RIP

Comment

I remember I went to school like any other day and I saw my that science teacher had the TV on and I said sweet movie day. Boy was I wrong, we spent most of the school day watching the news, I can't imagine how people in the US must've felt. I had this awful feeling and I wasn't even on that country. It was very sad even if you hate or dislike America, many innocent people died in a horrible way.

Comment

I remember going to school at NAU in Flagstaff, Az at the time. Everyone was standing around staring at the TV screens watching the planes crash into the Twin Towers in disbelief. Classes were cancelled for the rest of the day.

Bollocks AKA Rich Loc is still an idiotic, rat faced virgin, I see.

Comment

Working...
                      X