Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mijares is Confident He Has The Tools To Defeat Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mijares is Confident He Has The Tools To Defeat Donaire

The former super flyweight champion of the International Boxing Federation (IBF), Cristian Mijares (45-6-2, 21 KO's), is very confident of being able to defeat Nonito Donaire (28-1-0, 18), the WBO's super bantamweight champion. At one time Mijares was recognized as one of the best boxers in the world. Then he suffered a three fight losing streak. But in the last two years Mijares has managed to get his career back on track.

[Click Here To Read More]

Jeez...is Donaire gonna fight a guy who has a chance...this is pathetic.More of the Top Rank protection plan...smh

Comment

didnt Vic kick this guys ass like 5 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
        Jeez...is Donaire gonna fight a guy who has a chance...this is pathetic.More of the Top Rank protection plan...smh

Well said. His opponents are getting worse & worse IMO
        Now we have a guy who is naturally tiny, lost every round against Darchinyan then got KTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post

Yep! This guy struggled to get upto 115lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
            Yup...this is another one of Bob Arum's jokes. I'm tired of the whole Top Rank roster...they just get spoonfed bums or opponents that are there to essentially give the stars a chance to show off their moves against guys who haven't got a damn chance.

With Arum it's either fixed fights or mismatches...and then we wonder why boxing is going down the tubes....smh

Why isn't Donaire fighting Moreno or at least Mares??? He is just as guilty in participating in these type of fights-he could tell Arum who he wants,instead he gets the Arum lottery draw selection of weak azz opponents...
            Last edited by damned1974; 05-21-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Im not scum and I wish death upon no man, but do you guys think when old Bob passes, will TR change for the better or will whoever takes the helm continue with this bull****?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Yep! This guy struggled to get upto 115lbs!
                I'm kinda glad someone knows who he is to be honest. The first I'd heard of him was when I heard him announced as a possible Donaire opponent.

Having looked into it, his record isn't THAT bad. He's a decent gatekeeper I suppose. But what business does Donaire have fighting gatekeepers?

What's really sad is that Nonito made his name fighting people that concensus said he had no chance against and knocking them out... Yet now he's got his name in lights, they'll match him up against anyone safe.
                I was kind of on his side when people said he should fight Rigondeaux now, I kinda agreed that Rigo wasn't a big enough name yet and needed a few wins first... But that would ONLY have been ok Donaire had unified with a big name like Nishioka. Then we hear this 'big name' is Mijares? Even Arce would be better than this!

SAD SAD SAD

To answer someone's point above, I think when Bob goes that he's groomed his son-in-law Todd duBoeff in his money-first way of thinking.

Comment

well damnn.....

Comment

damn, i'm a fan of Donaire, but he needs to start fighting quality guys .... wtf?

Comment

Working...
                    X