Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Vazquez vs Yuriorkis Gamboa, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
    He's been dropped about five times i think. Gotta love how he's came back to win from each KD though, in a Felix Trinidad sort of way (beside v bhop)
    how many of those were champions?

Comment

Agree with this post. Be careful calling Mikey Mexican, lol.
      Lol your right ... I had edited it and took it out right after.. Mexican / American ..

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
        i just dont think gamboa has any business at 135, let alone at 130. he can get by at 130 cause nobody is there though
        He should stick around 130-135, imo. Gamboa has had a crap run at these weights but it's been more due to promotional issues.

People forget about Gamboa v Farenas fight because it was the undercard before Manny being put to sleep vs Marquez 4.

And Gamboa vs Darling Jimenez, an unbeaten solid contender, happened on the HBO undercard of Dawson getting KTFO vs Stevenson, along with competing with Showtime's Maidana v Josesito Lopez and Lara v Angulo.

Bad timing i'd say.

Comment

He should stick around 130-135, imo. Gamboa has had a crap run at these weights but it's been more due to promotional issues.

People forget about Gamboa v Farenas fight because it was the undercard before Manny being put to sleep vs Marquez 4.

And Gamboa vs Darling Jimenez, an unbeaten solid contender, happened on the HBO undercard of Dawson getting KTFO vs Stevenson, along with competing with Showtime's Maidana v Josesito Lopez and Lara v Angulo.

Bad timing i'd say.
          i just hope to see gamboa back soon. he's almost always exciting to watch. he's my favorite cuban

Comment

Bad timing i'd say.
            I've been unsure of this all along . Wether him moving up in weight has been too much for him or his inactivity the promotional problems , and the lack of a good trainer have been the cause. I guess time will tell..

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
              I've been unsure of this all along . Wether him moving up in weight has been too much for him or his inactivity the promotional problems , and the lack of a good trainer have been the cause. I guess time will tell..
              It's tough to say, it might just be the media hype machine doing their thang.. lol.

Gamboa is still undefeated ffs. Yet the way he's portrayed it's like he is coming back from a loss! lol In a way he carries responsibility from the Rios fiasco, but I don't blame him. He made a business decision which at the time seemed reasonable. Also we need to take in consideration the advice he was being given, and the role these advisers had, which barely gets mention.

Comment

Given Gamboa vs Mikey Garcia doesn't materialize, would Miguel Vazquez be a viable opponent? Would you want to see it, and who would win? Vazquez is a hell of a boxer and Gamboa well, we all know what's up. Who u got?
                Gamboa would beat Vasquez.

I want Gamboa vs Mikey Garcia more though at LW.

Comment

It's tough to say, it might just be the media hype machine doing their thang.. lol.

Gamboa is still undefeated ffs. Yet the way he's portrayed it's like he is coming back from a loss! lol In a way he carries responsibility from the Rios fiasco, but I don't blame him. He made a business decision which at the time seemed reasonable. Also we need to take in consideration the advice he was being given, and the role these advisers had, which barely gets mention.
                  Naw blame is 100% on gamboa, he let people he never met get in his ear, mayweather and 50 cents, and then when they broke up their friendship he was the hoe all puppy-eyes trying to see who he end up with.

Career highest payday, asked for more money and they gave it to him yet he still turned it down, he was scared of getting knocked out.

Comment

This is true .. And we really don't know if Floyd would of signed him.. Floyd went to jail , fifty moved in , and Gamboa got stuck in the middle . Regardless we all know Yuri isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but I'm not gonna hold that against him .

Comment

That's a good point. I might even fall into that camp myself..thinking back over all those undercard fights u mentioned..it did feel like he was coming off a loss. Why did I feel like that, IDK? It seems like he would still be relatively 'fresh' because of he hasn't taken severe beatings... but then when I see him in the ring, like last fight, there were times I felt he was creeping toward being shot. The unbelievable footwork was not there imo, his balance looked off. am i being premature here

Comment

Working...
                      X