Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wilder turns out to be the real deal. Is he more PPV than Broner/Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Wilder turns out to be the real deal. Is he more PPV than Broner/Canelo?

He's a 6'7 heavyweight with a great personality and charming smile. If he becomes the real deal, can he become more marketable than Canelo Broner? Build him up for a Wlad show down. By real deal, I mean top 3 HW, not even top 10. But top 3.

I honestly think it won't matter, because the HW Scene has been left vacated in America for too long. You need at least a good half dozen young American fighters at HW to bring it back.

I doubt it.

Comment

Nope.......

Comment

No he wont.

Comment

If by some miracle he were to become elite, then yes, of course he would be. The words "heavyweight champion of the world", when allied to a name that people recognise, have an immense, almost mystical power.

Wilder has all the right attributes to be marketable. Amazing KO record - tick. A stereotypically African-American name - tick (and before people scream, it's an undeniable fact that casual fans buy into names such as Deontay as 'legit' and 'badass', that's how marketing works). Olympic medal - tick. Affable personality - tick. Good-looking - tick. All the attributes.

Unfortunately for Wilder, and for the state of boxing, he doesn't have the talent and/or boxing brain to get himself in that position.

Comment

you answered your own question with the last part of your post...no

Comment

Even if he is the real deal, are there any heavyweights that'd even spark any remote interest in a PPV?
              Haye will probably stay gone, the Klits are gone by then..... can't think of any.
              By this I mean big names that'll get the public talking

Comment

Even if he is the real deal, are there any heavyweights that'd even spark any remote interest in a PPV?
                Haye will probably stay gone, the Klits are gone by then..... can't think of any.
                By this I mean big names that'll get the public talking

Comment

People are more concerned these days about a fighter's PPV than what he actually does in the ring. SMH!

Comment

If Price and/or Fury continue their rise then something could be in the long term pipeline. Many BIG ifs there though...

Comment

Working...
                    X