Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's greater joe calzaghe or winky wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe will be remembered longer, but Winky was a much better boxer for my money. No ducking or looking for the easy option for Winky a true throwback.

Comment

• Winky fought who ever & when ever ,that would be a good fight

Comment

• Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
        I think the reason he didn't fight Ottke is because he was reluctant to move out of Germany, had he agreed to come over to Britain or fight on neutral ground they would of fought and Calzaghe would of won, comfortably. He was a different class.

We class the Hopkins fight as a legit win because, he won.
        priceless stuff. ottke was reluctant to move out of germany but calzaghe wasn't reluctant to move out of britain? calzaghe was so reluctant he said he was scared of flying and his own promoter said he was full of sh-it and said he saw him flying before. ottke was the number 1 in the division and the unified champ. the ottke/calzage fight would have made more in germany. why would the fight take place in britain? more excuses from calzaghe tards.

you class the hopkins win as legit win because boxrec says he won? oh yeah and williams beat lara legit and the lewis/holyfield fight was a legit draw. let's ignore all corruption if it helps our favorite fighter. boxrec says he won so it must be true. how can a guy running into punches all fight win? because he tried hard? garbage. effort does not equal substance. learn how to score boxing.
        Last edited by daggum; 12-15-2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          wasn't calzaghe the guy who fought bums for ten straight years and then tried to redeem himself against lacy(tomato can), kessler, shot jones jr and hopkins(failed)
          At last, a post by a guy to whom I can say.."You just don't know what you're talking about".

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            At last, a post by a guy to whom I can say.."You just don't know what you're talking about".
            so he didn't fight bums? only 4 out of his first 17 defenses were against guys in the top 10 and none of them in the top 5 and one of those was a controversial decision that he never rematched. pretty bummy to me. i guess that's amazing to some but i fail to see why.

Comment

• I liked Winky but he is not even close to Joe's level in my mind. Winky pissed away opportunities in his career, for what reason, I don't know. I realized he was ducked a lot but he spent too many years away from the ring when he could have remained relevant and had some big fights...plus he priced himself out of plenty of big fights when he was still close to his prime.

Calzaghe could have fought some more guys when he was younger but skill for skill, Joe was better.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                Ring is one of the most respected belts, and more relied upon for ranking than any of the other belts by far.

To then infer Winky did more in going up in weight and winning, and not ANY title. Dude you've not only contradicted yourself, but also completely undermined any possible point you could have had.
                Never said Wright did more, just stated the facts. He went up in weight and won, just like Calzaghe. It's not difficult to comprehend at all.
                Last edited by deejd; 12-15-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  you class the hopkins win as legit win because boxrec says he won? oh yeah and williams beat lara legit and the lewis/holyfield fight was a legit draw. let's ignore all corruption if it helps our favorite fighter. boxrec says he won so it must be true. how can a guy running into punches all fight win? because he tried hard? garbage. effort does not equal substance. learn how to score boxing.
                  ^^^^priceless stuff. People seem to forget that HBO.... boxing in general was trying to get rid of Hopkins when he fought Taylor.

Comment

• your a joke if your basing it off of calzaghe beating winky. do you even know what freakin weight class winky was? he bumped up to middleweight near then end and met hopkins at 170 and was cheated. joe and winky aint near the same weight so its a stupid argument. one fighter waited until his last few fights to leave his backyard, even then fighting old fighters. better protection job then arum with pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      plus he priced himself out of plenty of big fights when he was still close to his prime.

Calzaghe could have fought some more guys when he was younger but skill for skill, Joe was better.
                      Disagree with both of these statements. Why is that Wright should have to devalue what he thought he was worth, then, just to land a fight with guys he was better than?

Calzaghe better than Wright skill-wise....... wow.

Comment

Working...
                      X