No announcement yet.

vitali= all time great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vitali= all time great

for one technically he is undefeated. he whooped lennox ass and pulled his rotator cup while whippin bird and he won every round doing so. but he still recives hate. he faced a warrior today in gomez and beat the bricks off of him. this was the most trouble some opponent match up wise he has ever face but he got in there mixed it up and crushed him. stop hating vitali is along with his brother the most dominating force in the heavyweight division since tyson . **** flashy they are skilled and intellegent. how can u still hate that?

vitally doesnt have the resume or the longevity

Comment

He's one of those those fighters that you'll only be able to measure his greatness / standing among the great Heavyweights after he's gone. It's still hard for me at least to see it, but I can certainly understand your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
        for one technically he is undefeated. he whooped lennox ass and pulled his rotator cup while whippin bird and he won every round doing so. but he still recives hate. he faced a warrior today in gomez and beat the bricks off of him. this was the most trouble some opponent match up wise he has ever face but he got in there mixed it up and crushed him. stop hating vitali is along with his brother the most dominating force in the heavyweight division since tyson . **** flashy they are skilled and intellegent. how can u still hate that?

Vitali is the man!!!

you....

Comment

Vitali is one of the best heavyweights of all time, the racist/nationalist haters can't deny it. It's a shame that Vitali got seriously injured and had to retire in his prime in 2004. If he had stayed healthy he would've easily dominated the heavyweight division from 2005-present.

The man comes back after a 4 year layoff and destroys Samuel Peter and Juan Carlos Gomez...That is very impressive!!

Vitali is a future hall of famer for sure!!
          Last edited by Steelhammer2K9; 03-21-2009, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
            for one technically he is undefeated.
            Hmmm....at 37-2, it would seem to me that "technically," he is indeed not undefeated....

Like it or not, getting your face ripped apart and losing is still losing in this rough and tumble contact sport.....

No hate from me/ he's a good boxer for the era to be sure- but he is still very, very far from being an all-time great.

Comment

I think he will be debated and a footnote in alot of boxers minds, he is great but unfortunatly there is no one for him to beat right now (except his brother) that could solidfy his legacy.

And please don't say technically undefeated, when technically, he's lost twice. No shame in losing, all the greatest of greats have lost, its more about avenging those losses or rebounding.

If he doesn't quite against Byrd maybe he ruins his career and then we're not having this conversation at all.

If he doesn't get stopped against lewis, maybe his eye falls out of his exploaded socket and his face falls off and the audience sues HBO for the horrific thing they witnessed, and he's blinded for life...

etc etc

These things happen in boxing, and they are losses, but all the greats lose at one point or another, cept a very few, but usually they had small protected careers that are under speculation.

Comment

none in the current crop of heavyweights can bring vitali to any atg status even if he knocks them all out...

except his bruda...

Comment

Originally posted by dog1dog2 View Post
                  Hmmm....at 37-2, it would seem to me that "technically," he is indeed not undefeated....

Like it or not, getting your face ripped apart and losing is still losing in this rough and tumble contact sport.....

No hate from me/ he's a good boxer for the era to be sure- but he is still very, very far from being an all-time great.
                  he didnt lose you stupid botch he won every round how is that losing

Comment

Vitali is about as legendary as DJ Quik is relevant at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X