Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: My Style Has Some of Roy Jones In It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two totally different types of fighters. Loma is wayyyy too orthodox. Hes much more comparable to a young floyd mayweather if anything but even then floyd was much more explosive and less reliant on technical skill.

Comment

He does remind me of RJJ, the 2015 version!

Comment

nah,just dont see it

i see more of a sergio martinesz type hybrid

Comment

Loma's style is unique. He'll get the credit for it eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
            nah,just dont see it

i see more of a sergio martinesz type hybrid
            You need corrective eye surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
              Roy has a reputation for ditching his jab in fights but can pull off the rare triple jab.
              Roy was so talented that he could literally withhold one weapon and still dominate guys. I have not seen many fighters who could do that. He used the jab a against Vinnie.

Comment

I think Lomas style is very unique

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks this dude is hyped way too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                    Am I the only one who thinks this dude is hyped way too much?
                    i can't think of a prospect with better credentials. two olympic golds, two world championships, one val barker trophy, lost a close decision against a solid vet in his 2nd pro fight, beat an undefeated prospect in his 3rd, and all four of his tune-ups/exhibitions were against world ranked opponents. he's ambitious, he's humble, his style is great to watch. what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      i can't think of a prospect with better credentials. two olympic golds, two world championships, one val barker trophy, lost a close decision against a solid vet in his 2nd pro fight, beat an undefeated prospect in his 3rd, and all four of his tune-ups/exhibitions were against world ranked opponents. he's ambitious, he's humble, his style is great to watch. what's not to like?
                      His amateur resume is impeccable and he has a bright future for sure. I like him. Maybe I'm just reacting to the way Lampley and Kellerman speak of him like some God as if he hasn't been beaten already. Let him earn his greatness.

Comment

Working...
                      X