Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was more dissapointing? Floyds 389k ppv buys or GGG's 97k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ggg fight because everyone expect Floyd fight to fail and nobody expect ggg to do 97k buys everyone expect to do at least 200k

plus the fact that GGG fight was cheaper you would think more people would have brought the fight.
    Last edited by VERSION1 (V1); 10-29-2015, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• of course its lil' g mr97k's ppv flop

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        And all had a premier name opponent,,, ggg had lemuiex
        Cotto had Judah
        Gatti had Oscar
        Floyd had gatti
        Manny had morales
        Canelo had Floyd
        Oscar had Chavez
        true but the only one who was hyped as much as GGG at the time of the fight was Oscar

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Since it seems that many of the GGG critics wants to all of a sudden take Rick Glaser's word as gospel on the PPV buy count, I'll use him as a reference.

According to Rick Glaser, Floyd/Berto did 389k buys and GGG/Lemeiux did 97k buys.

So was Floyd's farewell bout ppv buys more disapointing or was GGG's first ppv fight more disappointing.

Vote and discuss....
          I voted GGG. Both failed to meet expectations. Floyd/berto sold 5 times as many PPV's, all costing $20-25 more than the GGG/lemuiex PPV.

This is an utterly ridiculous thread and its good to see it backfired on the TS.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Floyds low buys for Berto are more disappointed it was advertised as his last fight, but nobody cared, if you are the cash cow and legit ppv draw you would have had people tune in in droves to witness your last fight after you beat Pacquiao. You would think Floyds farewell fight would do at least a million buys, he just came off the biggest win of his entire boxing career against Pacquiao.

GGG isn't American and never did a ppv in his life, its his first ppv so you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt here. While Floyd has been on PPV for years and is well known and American so you should do more buys in your own country than a foreigner, so his buys are very very bad for a man who is the self proclaimed cash cow who has no losses or never been knocked out and on top of the game.

I said it a year ago nobody knows who GGG is, and the Floyd fans who live online think this message board is real life so when they see someone praising GGG and hyping him online they automatically believe everyone is hyping him, they had GGG ad a freaking hockey game I posted it before and said nobody knew him and the lady couldnt pronounce his name, I called it that his buys would not do well because they do not promote him at all and K2 only brings hi to local boxing events to promote him, you gotta promote to the mainstream not the niche market that already knows him.
            as soon as the fight with berto was made nobody wanted to buy that fight but his fans .

Comment

• 97k would be an average-to-good PPV debut. For an Eastern European fighter with poor English, it's good.

Floyd surely expected more for his grand finale farewell fight. Then again, most people seem to think it's a ruse and he'll go for 50-0.

Comment

• Damn this thread is still going? LOL. I created it while killing some time at the airport last night. Funny to see all the butthurt comments. It was just a thread to stir the pot and get a rise out of all the sensitive f@g boys. Easy fellas! LOL.

With that said this is my last post on the matter.

Floyd is like the Jay Z of boxing. Sold out shows everywhere he goes and back to back platinum sells albums/ppv's. Now imagine his final show before calling it a career flops. Poor ticket sales and little interests. Sponsors arent as interested in him and there's very little media coverage. The concert takes place and he fails to put on a good show. The next day all you hear is how Jay Z went out with a dud and despite having a financially successful tour, the last show tanked and they lost millions.

GGG is that hungry up and coming rapper that is making noise and has everyone talking. Not yet a star and is mainly known throughout the underground scene. He performs at local arena's and is killing it. His handlers think he's ready to take that next step but they do a poor job of promoting the show in addition to having some unknown artists perform with him. Despite it being a sold out arena the revenue generated wasnt what was expected. They didnt make money but they didnt lose or lost very little. It was a learning experience.

Now tell me which is more of a flop/dissapointment? The star that despite having an illustrious career, very little cared to tune in to see him in his final appearance in an event that lost millions of dollars, or the up and coming guy who's has all the skills but has not had that breakthrough chance to shine yet and put on a show that did well but that didnt meet expectations in their very first attempt.

I know which is the bigger flop and so do you whether some of you want to admit it or not. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

• 97k is a horrible ppv debut for a guy being as hyped and promoted as ggg was,a guy that was selling out arenas in new york and southern calinfornia

wasnt his own promoter saying 200k + was what they were aiming for??wow

Comment

Damn this thread is still going? LOL. I created it while killing some time at the airport last night. Funny to see all the butthurt comments. It was just a thread to stir the pot and get a rise out of all the sensitive f@g boys. Easy fellas! LOL.
                    TRANSLATION: I chumped myself something fierce with this thread backfiring and now want to claim just being provocative.

Comment

Damn this thread is still going? LOL. I created it while killing some time at the airport last night. Funny to see all the butthurt comments. It was just a thread to stir the pot and get a rise out of all the sensitive f@g boys. Easy fellas! LOL.

With that said this is my last post on the matter.

Floyd is like the Jay Z of boxing. Sold out shows everywhere he goes and back to back platinum sells albums/ppv's. Now imagine his final show before calling it a career flops. Poor ticket sales and little interests. Sponsors arent as interested in him and there's very little media coverage. The concert takes place and he fails to put on a good show. The next day all you hear is how Jay Z went out with a dud and despite having a financially successful tour, the last show tanked and they lost millions.

GGG is that hungry up and coming rapper that is making noise and has everyone talking. Not yet a star and is mainly known throughout the underground scene. He performs at local arena's and is killing it. His handlers think he's ready to take that next step but they do a poor job of promoting the show in addition to having some unknown artists perform with him. Despite it being a sold out arena the revenue generated wasnt what was expected. They didnt make money but they didnt lose or lost very little. It was a learning experience.

Now tell me which is more of a flop/dissapointment? The star that despite having an illustrious career, very little cared to tune in to see him in his final appearance in an event that lost millions of dollars, or the up and coming guy who's has all the skills but has not had that breakthrough chance to shine yet and put on a show that did well but that didnt meet expectations in their very first attempt.

I know which is the bigger flop and so do you whether some of you want to admit it or not. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
                      Loooooool. You're clearly not invested in this, which is the reason you spent time trying to defend your standpoint, and wrote this long essay, right?

We've never seen the "I was just trolling" defense before. Never ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X