No announcement yet.

B-Hop the most hated boxer ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-Hop the most hated boxer ever?

Maybe its this site & I am not his biggest fan but I have big respect for whats he has done. To the point I could never count him out.

He is the definition of a wiley old fox. People can say he did this at a catchweight, done that but he has fought the whose who of boxing and all the way to nearly 50.
    Its like most of you hate him just because he proves you wrong time after time, over & over. I remember you all saying he won't fight Chad again, he wanted a way out. Now Chad is going to bury him, what if B-Hop wins? I take it you'll say Pascal beat him he is overrated or something?

No fighter has ever proved me wrong so many times, he is a legend & whilst I think he looses this tonight I will be rooting for him. The guy is so intelligent in & out that ring its amazing to see a guy of nearly 50 still not just fighting the best but beating them & proving critics wrong. Over two decades of fighting the best of the best! I can't personally name another fighter whose done that!

WARRR B-HOP!

Hopkins has a lot of haters but the thing is most of those haters have been forced to acknowledge his accomplishments.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Ali and Jack Johnson were more hated.

Comment

Its kinda hard for fans to like a fighter that does it his way, doesn't need to be pampered & baby & quite frankly kicks the crap out of 90% of the fighters favored to beat him. Might be the last fight of the greatest active fighter, hope he pulls a rabbit out the hat 1 last time.

Comment

Come on, Hopkins isn't popular but he's far from the most hated, not even right now.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            I'm pretty sure Ali and Jack Johnson were more hated.
            Yeah, those guys had a lot of haters, but that was down to social views on race at the time more than anything, I think. Hopkins is no way the most hated fighter of all time, but he is disliked by a lot of people... fuck 'em.

Comment

When I read the title of the thread, I literally put the WTF face in real life. Like I actually went 0_o, to the screen.

Comment

Floyd, Haye, are more hated than Hopkins. Just to name a few in his era.

Comment

Arghhh true.

I guess its sad to say he won't truly gain the respect he deserves until hes gone. Only then will people miss & appreciate him for what he has done.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                    Floyd, Haye, are more hated than Hopkins. Just to name a few in his era.
                    Somebody like Haye who talks, talks & fails to back it up you can kind of understand. I personally think he is the most overrated fighter of the last decade or one of. Floyd I wouldn't say was hated so much, bit of a rival thing for sure but naa I wouldn't say he was under appreciated or anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X