Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11% of Gitmo detainees have returned to terrorism since their release.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering the overwhelming majority of them were innocent and tortured for several years, i'm not if surprised if "11%" went to Iraq or Afghanistan to Fight American forces.

I know one thing for a fact, people don't like being tortured lol.
    I'm pretty sure most of the guys on this board will not leave things as they are if they were abused and treated like an Animal for years in a Prison with Sub-Human conditions, and most of these guys will want revenge of some sort.

I'm surprised it's only 11% and not higher.

Comment

Why wouldn't they turn to terrorism. If they didn't hate America before, after being tortured and taken away from their families for years without any hope of being released they sure hate us now.

I mean what do you tell a man who you have tortured for years who had no knowledge to give you. Oops, sorry, those just don't seem to cut it. I'm not surprised though, alot of people lack empathy, and can't understand the situation until they are ripped out of their home in the middle of the night taken away from their family and tortured for information that they do not know.

Americas war on terror should start right here at home. Just think about the foundation of this country. We kicked the natives off the land after they helped us survived. Instead of paying workers we enslaved people to work the land. Even after releasing the slaves we treat them as less than human, denying them the basic rights you would give to your most hated enemy. We hanged them, lynched them, and dragged them behind our cars. We treated women like property, even denying them the right to vote. I ask you, whose the real terrorists?
      Last edited by 2Gloves; 01-24-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Gloves View Post
        Why wouldn't they turn to terrorism. If they didn't hate America before, after being tortured and taken away from their families for years without any hope of being released they sure hate us now.

I mean what do you tell a man who you have tortured for years who had no knowledge to give you. Oops, sorry, those just don't seem to cut it. I'm not surprised though, alot of people lack empathy, and can't understand the situation until they are ripped out of their home in the middle of the night taken away from their family and tortured for information that they do not know.

Americas war on terror should start right here at home. Just think about the foundation of this country. We kicked the natives off the land after they helped us survived. Instead of paying workers we enslaved people to work the land. Even after releasing the slaves we treat them as less than human, denying them the basic rights you would give to your most hated enemy. We hanged them, lynched them, and dragged them behind our cars. We treated women like property, even denying them the right to vote. I ask you, whose the real terrorists?
        guys like Mizzou are unable to use the ability of Logic

Comment

You tweeked it's nose you idiot. You tweeked it's nose. Now it turns back onto you and you don't know what to do.

How you gonna stop a whole movement of people, who don't care whether they live or die, just aslong as they take you with them. What more can you do to them, than kill them. Because you can't kill them all.

You tweeked his nose America. You tweeked his nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
            According to the department of defense. Why do so many people give a **** about these fuc,king sayeebs? Put them in god damn giant meat grinder for all I care.

...I couldn't agree more.

Comment

What a joke. These are the weakest forms of torture...

"In 2004, the Red Cross documented “cruel, inhumane and degrading” treatment of detainees while inspecting the facility. Perhaps more disturbing, the Guardian reported last year:

Captives at Guantánamo Bay were chained hand and foot in a fetal position to the floor for 18 hours or more, urinating and defecating on themselves, an FBI report has revealed. … One witness said he saw a barefoot detainee shaking with cold because the air conditioning had bought the temperature close to freezing."

lol.

The only effective kinds of torture involve bamboo.
              Last edited by FloydsEra; 01-24-2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo28 View Post
                and you believe that because the department of defense said it? if they were SO CALLED terrorist then why do they get released without any charges against them? they only went there because they were SUSPECTED terrorist. not real terrorist
                Wouldn't it be safest to assume the DOD know who should be detained?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Valentine View Post
                  I honestly don't know.
                  Gitmo was just another point of attack against George Bush. The liberals have kind of stepped in it. They can't continue to operate something they spoke against so much. Same with torture. Now we can't even question detainees if it makes them feel uncomfortable. The liberal ***** world view will lessen the security of this country.

...I was talking about this very subject in another thread. Obama and the rest of the lefties are so anxious to please the rest of the world that they will be setting us up for major problems. But hey, the ****bag Euro's will like us more so that's all that matters right? Keep in mind that this is all just the start of handling terrorists with gentle tender feelings. Al-Quada is so ****ing happy right now. The left is going to get a quick lesson in just how "dumb" the Bush administration was.

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
                    Considering the overwhelming majority of them were innocent and tortured for several years, i'm not if surprised if "11%" went to Iraq or Afghanistan to Fight American forces.

I know one thing for a fact, people don't like being tortured lol.
                    I'm pretty sure most of the guys on this board will not leave things as they are if they were abused and treated like an Animal for years in a Prison with Sub-Human conditions, and most of these guys will want revenge of some sort.

I'm surprised it's only 11% and not higher.
                    Hyperbole doesn't make your position any truer.

Let's just stick to facts, and the facts are that the detainees of Camp X-Ray were held in legal limbo without legal or military trial for years, completely at odds to the mission statement of Western occupying forces. It wasn't what was done at Camp X-Ray that is particularly the issue. It's what it represents.

Prisoners were treated better at Guantanamo Bay than they would have been had they been turned over to Iraqi or Afghan institutions.

Comment

The torture is used for a false confession so they could get support for this fake war on terror.

Bin laden said in numerous interviews he had nothing to do with 9/11.

This is about taking over countries that have natural resources for the corporations who owns America,England,Israel etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X