Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 cent, tommy summers, and their failed attempt to break up mayweather and al haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 cent, tommy summers, and their failed attempt to break up mayweather and al haymon

Until now, the circumstances surrounding the discord between long-time friends Floyd Mayweather and 50 Cent have been unclear. When news about the formation of The Money Team [TMT] Promotions first broke back in July, we were led to believe that the company was created as a joint business venture between both men. As Mayweather was serving the remainder of his jail sentence, 50 Cent was moving quickly to sign fighters, like Yuriorkis Gamboa, Andre Dirrell, and Billy Dib. Presumably, he was acting on Mayweather's behalf, representing TMT Promotions as a partnership that would change the sport of boxing. However, FightHype.com has discovered that was not the case at all. What was once described as a "breath of fresh air" actually turned out to be an attempted coup by those once considered to be close to Mayweather.

Sources have informed us that 50 Cent and former Mayweather associate Tommy Summers, A.K.A. Tommy Smalls, tried to take advantage of Mayweather's incarceration in an attempt to oust long-time advisor Al Haymon in hopes of gaining control of Mayweather's career, both in and out of the ring. With the help of the influential Haymon, Mayweather has built a brand that has made him the highest-paid athlete in all sports. Their working relationship has allowed him to shatter pay-per-view records and generate revenue like no other fighter has ever seen before. One would think that Mayweather's achievements speak volumes about his working relationship with Haymon and their ability to succeed. Apparently, 50 Cent and Tommy Summers didn't see it that way. Ultimately, greed may have been the single solitary factor that caused long-time friends to go their separate ways.
    Full Article here

"TMT is taking over"

Comment

you can tell 50 cent is a snake just by looking at him

Comment

People should read the article. They have pictures of the letter that Summers sent to Floyd. It's about supposedly GBP and Haymon are keeping money from Mayweather. I don't know to be honest.

But it looks like Floyd and 50 falling out over trying to make the Pac fight was bulls**t. It was like I, and others, said along.....50 wanted Floyd to stop woring with Golden Boy. The Haymon thing is surprising though.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
          you can tell 50 cent is a snake just by looking at him
          There is a reason 50 wear a bullet proof vest every day. That dude has been a snake since the beginning. I expected something like this from 50 but I'm shocked that Tommy Summers would try to pull some bs like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            People should read the article. They have pictures of the letter that Summers sent to Floyd. It's about supposedly GBP and Haymon are keeping money from Mayweather. I don't know to be honest.

But it looks like Floyd and 50 falling out over trying to make the Pac fight was bulls**t. It was like I, and others, said along.....50 wanted Floyd to stop woring with Golden Boy. The Haymon thing is surprising though.
            Yep, I was shocked at the tear "this up after you read this" part. I'm sure Mayweather's bull**** detector went off when he read that

Comment

Here's what I believe....

I think Floyd wanted to do more with Mayweather Promotions but still go through Golden Boy for the time being. But he had big plans to sign those fighters.

He goes away for a couple months, 50 and Summers get the TMT thing rolling, and I'm sure 50 thought Floyd would automatically go with him, them being best friends and all.

Floyd was probably upset about 50 signing those fighters to TMT while he had his own company trying to get started. And he was probably put off by them trying to get him to break ties with GBP and Haymon.

It had NOTHING to do with trying to mae the mega fight right away. It was about 50 and Floyd disagreeing about Floyd working with Golden Boy and Haymon.

Comment

If this is true, 50 is crazy. As much money as Al Haymon has made for Floyd, it would be foolish to walk away like that.

Comment

two things come to mind

If it's not broken, don't fix it

and

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple, Stupid

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    "TMT is taking over"
                    wow this maniac guy is the most irritating boxingscene poster yet

Comment

Working...
                    X