No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo Speaks: Not Happy With Ref, Wants More Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angulo Speaks: Not Happy With Ref, Wants More Kirkland

In his first and only interview since his loss to James Kirkland on HBO last Saturday night, Alfredo “Perro” Angulo spoke with BoxingScene.com’s official audio show, "The Boxing Lab," about his thoughts on what transpired.

[Click Here To Read More]

This is one example of too much of anything is bad. Screw machismo, think about your family man.

Comment

I can't remember the last time I saw a standing 8 count in a professional fight. They do happen but very rarely. Seems a strange thing to complain about.

Comment

Honestly it should of been the other way around.After the count angulo was not even steering straight towards the ref he was walking sideways.Any other ref would of called it a halt.Kirkland just came out guns blazing and angulo got smoked,couldn't keep up that's all.

Comment

that guy would have died in the ring if he had to

Comment

I think he lost a few years off his career on Saturday night....I doubt he'll be the same Angulo in his next fight...we'll see!!

Comment

Good stuff.

Kind of a lame excuse that he felt the ref should have gave a standing 8 count or stopped the fight because he landed 5-6 punches unanswered. I always thought the rule of thumb was if there are 10 unanswered punches and the fighter is defenseless and not fighting back than that's a good time to stop it. James was moving his head and showing pretty good defense while sneaking in counter shots during that entire flurry after the first KD, so at no point do I feel the ref should have stepped in. I felt the ref did a great job the entire fight.

Angulo shouldn't be pointing the finger at anyone other then himself. He was beat, fair & square.
              Last edited by ИATAS; 11-09-2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Angulo isn't complaining all that much in the article, and he doesn't disagree with the ref. stopping the fight. Dude is a warrior and accepted his loss like a man.

Look forward to seeing him back in the ring.

Comment

please do a rematch. but kirkland is scared. he wont rematch the dog pound!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
                    please do a rematch. but kirkland is scared. he wont rematch the dog pound!!!
                    lol @ calling the winner who dominated the fight scared of a rematch!

Kirkland is the one that went to Angulo's home country, as a heavy underdog to take the fight in the first place!

Comment

Working...
                    X