Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the next overhyped puncher with a thin resume to take an L in the next year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    If Broner had lost at the weekend, should threads be made saying "I bet Mayweather loses next"?

The parallel is just as ******ed. And I'm not a fan of any of the guys mentioned.

You just come across as a guy who was praying for a puncher to lose so you could make this dumb thread.
    im not invested in any of these fighters careers. Too many people get in their feelings about people they don't know

Whats the parallel??? Race??

You've been on here long enough to see I hardly ever post about Broner

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      You're not racist (well, maybe you are I don't know), but you're a Mayweather d*ck sucker who thinks defensive first fighters are inherently superior to any other style and probably think "styles make fights" means "the defensive guy always wins." You rip on punchers out of some childish need for validation about that stupid opinion.

And you can try and paint me as some offended Golovkin fan, but there are a **** load of Golovkin fans who would call me a a Golovkin hater.
      The sad thing is, mayweather haters talk about him more than his fans...I never brought Mayweather up in the thread

My opinion is my opinion and GGG is a good fighter but he is not great...he hasn't proved he is so I'm not gonna anoint him to a level he doesn't belong

A lot of the fans of the big punchers do this all the time....if GGG was beating the same guys by UD12 he wouldn't have all the hype....he is overrated because he is elevated to p4p level, didn't earn it. Face it.

This a boxing forum, everyone is not going to agree on everything so why are the GGG fans the only ones with their panties in a bunch??

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist;16109252[B
        The sad thing is, mayweather haters talk about him more than his fans[..I never brought Mayweather up in the thread

My opinion is my opinion and GGG is a good fighter but he is not great...he hasn't proved he is so I'm not gonna anoint him to a level he doesn't belong

A lot of the fans of the big punchers do this all the time....if GGG was beating the same guys by UD12 he wouldn't have all the hype....he is overrated because he is elevated to p4p level, didn't earn it. Face it.

This a boxing forum, everyone is not going to agree on everything so why are the GGG fans the only ones with their panties in a bunch??[/B]
        Oh the irony with that first sentence...

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
          Lemieux is next. GGG is going to destroy him. It's funny how they are acting like this is a test for GGG. Lemiuex is a below average boxer with good power.
          Lemiuex was already exposed Twice vs Marco Antonio Rubio and his very next fight after that when he was out boxed by Joachim Alcine

That is not me bashing Lemieux but it is not like he avenged those loses so I don't think those defeats should be Ignored like some people want to do because they want to hype up GGG vs Lemieux and make it bigger than it really is

Comment

If anyone beats Golovkin it's a major coup on their CV. They haven't just beat a puncher, they have beat a skilled, top quality fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
              Oh the irony with that first sentence...
              now go through all the pages and see who brought him up...its comical

Comment

Wilder.......

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  Wilder.......

wilder has not made the next step that i thought he'd hve made by now. still boxes like an amatuer, and the flashes of talent are sparse.

povetkin stops him.

i think wilder's people know this, recgonize that there is no rush, and will keep him away from povetkin. call it a "duck" if you'd like. the guy got a world title, and his people are avoiding povetkin. i'm sure they'd avoid klitschko, as well, unless the money was just too good to be true.

maybe wilder takes two more stay buys fights and is ready for the end of 2016 to fight povetkin or wladimir. i tend to doubt it at this point. still, there's no shame in trying to groom a HW, who mature slowly, have styles that don't always favor youth, and fight well into their 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    wilder has not made the next step that i thought he'd hve made by now. still boxes like an amatuer, and the flashes of talent are sparse.

povetkin stops him.

i think wilder's people know this, recgonize that there is no rush, and will keep him away from povetkin. call it a "duck" if you'd like. the guy got a world title, and his people are avoiding povetkin. i'm sure they'd avoid klitschko, as well, unless the money was just too good to be true.

maybe wilder takes two more stay buys fights and is ready for the end of 2016 to fight povetkin or wladimir. i tend to doubt it at this point. still, there's no shame in trying to groom a HW, who mature slowly, have styles that don't always favor youth, and fight well into their 30's.
                    He looks great vs the Duahapauses and Eric Molinas. Would be nice to see him with a top 10 guy before Povetkin, as a measuring stick (discounting the weird Stiverne fight). Fight someone like Arreola for example, that's a solid opponent. But now they want to fight some other obscure opponent as 'stay busy'... doesn't give Wilder anything.

Comment

GGG resume thin? The guy has beaten majority of the Top Ten at Middleweight.

Mattysee resume is also stacked.

Comment

Working...
                      X