"Catchweights" should only be allowed as EXHIBITIONS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Catchweights" should only be allowed as EXHIBITIONS

Seriously.

They should under no circumstances be allowed for either sanctioning body or ring magazine or considered for "lineal titles", in fact I don't even think they should be allowed on a fighters pro record.

It's too quick a way to make a mockery of a fight by draining a guy under the guise of a catchweight, and damn near all the champs are doing it now, and the "bigger" star you get the more they take the piss with them. Floyd, Pacquaio, Cotto i'm looking at you guys.

I remember the days when great fighters didn't need every possible advantage to go out there and prove they were the best, those days are gone.

They should be allowed, but only in non-title fights and never in a title fight

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      exactly, I dont mind catch weights cause we get some good fights an at times they are neccessary but they should never be in play when in a title is on the line. Respect the sports.

Comment

^^^^ This right here.

Comment

I really dont mind catchweights. They allow some good fights to happen which otherwise probably wouldn't have.

Agree with above though, no titles on the line

Comment

If the fighters agree to it I don't see a problem. I wouldn't mind seeing boxing decide upon a universal standard size ring doe. It'd be weird if some football fields were 120 yd fields instead of 100 yd fields or if some nets were 9 ft high instead of 10 ft high in the NBA yet thats how things work in boxing.

Comment

Working...
            X