No announcement yet.

Bobby Razak here for questions on Fallen Soldier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Razak here for questions on Fallen Soldier

My film Fallen Soldier is the top story for boxingscene.com today its on the Gerald McClellan Vs Nigel Benn fight. If you have questions I'm here to answer them and please support my film.

Why was Gerald your hero?

Comment

Not sure, if you are who you say you are (maybe Tweet something and link it here) but anyways, LOVED your piece on Mark Kerr man. Great stuff, Mark seems like a great guy just has his demons.

Comment

If you read the article on the front page it tells you why

Fallen Soldier from Bobby Razak on Vimeo.

Comment

its me you can email me bobbyrazak@yahoo.com to confirm

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

It's strange how we humans enjoy to see the carnage of hand-to-hand combat. The best explanation is that we are violent by nature. If we can't commit violent acts ourselves, at least we can watch someone else do it in a controlled environment. McClellan's story is an example of what happens when things go wrong in that controlled environment of violence. Bobby says that it's a shame that journalists turn a blind eye to the down side of boxing, but it's probably for similar reasons that most people do, including boxers themselves. For boxers, realization of the harsh reality of imminent danger, could turn them away from what they have commited to do for a living. For fans, if we focus on the harshness of the sport enough, eventually we may want to watch less and less boxing. If the media spotlights the danger of boxing enough, maybe lawmakers will see a soapbox to get on and mount a campaign to try to end boxing altogether. But if that happens, we would not only be denied something that we enjoy so much, but we would also be denied exercising part of our nature. We wouldn't want that, now would we?

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                It's strange how we humans enjoy to see the carnage of hand-to-hand combat. The best explanation is that we are violent by nature. If we can't commit violent acts ourselves, at least we can watch someone else do it in a controlled environment. McClellan's story is an example of what happens when things go wrong in that controlled environment of violence. Bobby says that it's a shame that journalists turn a blind eye to the down side of boxing, but it's probably for similar reasons that most people do, including boxers themselves. For boxers, realization of the harsh reality of imminent danger, could turn them away from what they have committed to do for a living. For fans, if we focus on the harshness of the sport enough, eventually we may want to watch less and less boxing. If the media spotlights the danger of boxing enough, maybe lawmakers will see a soapbox to get on and mount a campaign to try to end boxing altogether. But if that happens, we would not only be denied something that we enjoy so much, but we would also be denied exercising part of our nature. We wouldn't want that, now would we?
                Interesting response we can still collectively as fans honor and support one of our own?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyrazak View Post
                  Interesting response we can still collectively as fans honor and support one of our own?
                  Sure we can, but the horrified reaction to the rigors of boxing will be tempered so that the show can go on.

Comment

Working...
                  X