No announcement yet.

New Texas Mile record. 278 mph.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    you'd go through a tank of high octane fuel in less than a half hour. that's what the veyron does when it's being topped out, anyway. 15-20 minutes.
    And then you probably have to put 116 octane, that shyt has to be close to $10 a gallon now, i'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      And then you probably have to put 116 octane, that shyt has to be close to $10 a gallon now, i'm good.

there's a 116 octane? sweet pea 50 gargles with 91 octane to freshen his morning breath.

the thing with a veyron is this: unless it's a yacht or a jet you're filling up, if you can afford the vehicle, you don't have to worry about the fuel costs too much.

Comment

How is it a new record?

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
          How is it a new record?

Because there are "classes".

For it's "class", the Ford GT holds the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
            How is it a new record?

i think peanoose is talking about a record for street legal cars.

that thing has two wheels if my math is good, and might not be legal for the roadway.

i'm pretty sure "top fuel dragsters" break 300 mph in a quarter mile.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              there's a 116 octane? sweet pea 50 gargles with 91 octane to freshen his morning breath.

the thing with a veyron is this: unless it's a yacht or a jet you're filling up, if you can afford the vehicle, you don't have to worry about the fuel costs too much.

Comment

Would you rather do 280 mph on a bike or car?

Comment

Originally posted by r ! zilient View Post
                  I care.

Leave sweatpea alone before he uses his potato picking brute strength (and AWD like traction) to submit your ass.
                  Sup Riz. NE's quote reminded me of a story my buddy Omar used to tell about this German dude who was proud as hell of his CBX

Omar was like "wtf did you buy that heavy a$$ pos, it can't handle for sht" and the dude says *in the thickest German accent* "I don't care about sissy corners. Qvarter mile, straight ahead"

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    Sup Riz. NE's quote reminded me of a story my buddy Omar used to tell about this German dude who was proud as hell of his CBX

Omar was like "wtf did you buy that heavy a$$ pos, it can't handle for sht" and the dude says *in the thickest German accent* "I don't care about sissy corners. Qvarter mile, straight ahead"
                    Hahaha thats funny. I posted in that Toyota thread, lets talk V8

Comment

It's an American car, so while it can do 278 in a straight line, it wouldn't be able to handle 30mph round a slight bend.

Why do you think the Yanks don't use roundabouts?

Also lol when they make cars with 5.0 engines which would get completely abused by a 2.0 Evo or Impreza.

Americans are so stupid it really does astound me.

Comment

Working...
                      X