Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Memory Card should I buy for my Canon 60D?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Memory Card should I buy for my Canon 60D?

I went to Best Buy, they had a PNY one 4GB for 44 bucks, and another memory card for 50 bucks 16GB, so question, for my Canon 60D, should I buy the 16GB? I asked an instore person and said the reason their closely, priced is brand name....or anybody advise me to buy a memory card from online?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstempl...c=abcat0400000

Anybody knows the differences? I get my camera Friday, and I might get one 32 GB LOL so I have no worries.....best advice? I'll buy two or one really large capicaity one

Comment

Why don't you google it? You'll come up with a better answer than asking us.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
        Why don't you google it? You'll come up with a better answer than asking us.
        I'm googling it, rite now, and searching Youtube, they say nuthing LOL I'm actually, asking and googling at the same time but nah bro, I can't fiind any infomation.

Comment

I wouldn't put too much stock on brand names when it comes to memory cards especially if you're buying from a retailer like Best Buy.

The other card is significantly cheaper most likely because of the read/write speed.

If it has the same speed but is priced like that, I'll buy the cheaper one in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
            I wouldn't put too much stock on brand names when it comes to memory cards especially if you're buying from a retailer like Best Buy.

The other card is significantly cheaper most likely because of the read/write speed.

If it has the same speed but is priced like that, I'll buy the cheaper one in a heartbeat.
            Basicly, the 16GB? I could buy two....but I know Memory cards get messed up after awhile, i can't acess my old memory cards anymore and portal hard drives, also I was reading the discription, and Extreme, is good for taking contuines shots, like the Canon can shoot 5.3 shots in a row....so these Extreme memory cards capture the picture quickly....

Comment

See, the sandisk 32GB Ultra card gets 15MB a sec for 100 dollars while Sandisk extreme at 16GB is 100 and does 30 MB a sec, but Iam gonna do moderate *****, so an Ultra card would be best? I'ma just do everyday shooting and stuff, trips, scenery, ect things I see....

Comment

Originally posted by Billionz Rican View Post
                See, the sandisk 32GB Ultra card gets 15MB a sec for 100 dollars while Sandisk extreme at 16GB is 100 and does 30 MB a sec, but Iam gonna do moderate *****, so an Ultra card would be best? I'ma just do everyday shooting and stuff, trips, scenery, ect things I see....
                If the camera accepts the slower speed memory then go for the biggest at the cheapest price.

Comment

Basicly, the 16GB? I could buy two....but I know Memory cards get messed up after awhile, i can't acess my old memory cards anymore and portal hard drives, also I was reading the discription, and Extreme, is good for taking contuines shots, like the Canon can shoot 5.3 shots in a row....so these Extreme memory cards capture the picture quickly....
                  I dunno where you got the info about memory cards getting messed up after a while.

I still have my original SD cards that I bought with my D50 from 6 yrs ago and it still works fine.

It shoots continuous shots in a row just fine too.

Maybe not as fast as the newer cards but it's not really something I am into anyway.

If I want continuous shots, I got my HD video camera for that.

Comment

Just get the cheapest one for the memory size that you have in mind.

Don't worry about all the other ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X