No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: The Layoff Was Good For Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson: The Layoff Was Good For Me

It's been more than 10 months since Adonis Stevenson last fought. His previous appearance was a quick three-round technical knockout of Tommy Karpency in September 2015. His next one? A defense of his light heavyweight world title and the lineal 175-pound championship on July 29 against Thomas Williams Jr. in Quebec City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

For us too

Comment

Yeah I didn't miss the Duck-Man himself at all

Comment

Those 3 rounds with Tommy Karpency 10 months ago must have really worn the man out.

Now he can come back fresh!

Comment

I think he may be partly right, age-wise it was a dumb call with the layoff since hes soon turning 39, but Adonis has looked slower in his recent fights and in less good shape so the layoff might have helped him get back to his former self.
          I like Adonis but i agree with most of you that his last 3 fights (Bika, Karpency, Sukhotsky) was terrible mismatches and should never have been made, and tbh i think he was just enjoying life, taking easy touches to secure his financial standing, really hoping he faces Eleider Alvarez next so that he can keep working on his legacy
          I think the Thomas Williams fight will be entertaining while it lasts, and he is atleast an acceptable opponent compared to his last 3
          Last edited by mannysavage; 07-19-2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

40 years old still hasn't stepped up still living off a win over a shot chad dawson

Comment

He fought three or four guys last year but they were all bums! #GTFOH

Comment

no it hasnt, your getting old, clock is ticking adonis, father time is catching up with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                  Yvon Mitchell already state dthat Eleider will fight Pascal, not Adonis if he gets past Dawson. I don't think Adonis has much left and they have him fighting C level guys to mask that.
                  Too bad Chilemba didn't get that call against Alvarez - Main Events would have all the titles by now.
                  WBC gotta mandate it at some point... but I guess Yvon will look out for the best interests of one over the other

Comment

How you can be a fighter of the year and then throwing that by the window?

Comment

Working...
                    X