No announcement yet.

Rewatched Tyson Holyfield 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
    Did you just excuse it because it's "the only ears he bit"?

People are in with dirty fighters all the time, and they don't bite their opponents fucking ear off.
    Then again chomping a fellas ears off is a bit far. Very few boxers I can think of that would resort to such viciousness. I know Ali used snot rocket luggies on opponents face, but bite a guys ears? Nah

Comment

People are in with dirty fighters all the time, and they don't bite their opponents fucking ear off.
      Exactly. I can understand him being angry but that doesn't excuse going to the extreme of biting a piece of a fighters ear off. Losing his cool only showed how unstable he was and how he couldn't fight back from adversity as a fighter.

Head butt him back, hit him low. But biting off flesh flesh and spitting it out is on a whole other level.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        Exactly. I can understand him being angry but that doesn't excuse going to the extreme of biting a piece of a fighters ear off. Losing his cool only showed how unstable he was and how he couldn't fight back from adversity as a fighter.

Head butt him back, hit him low. But biting off flesh flesh and spitting it out is on a whole other level.
        Iron Mike does things his own way.

I'm just putting myself in his position. A guy is headbutting the **** out of me, he cuts me on the eye with a head butt, and then he rubs his head all over my cut eye and the ref isn't doing a damn thing about it.

I would be furious.

Comment

My favorite part of this fight was the post fight interviews with Jim Gray with both fighter's.

And damn, I miss Mills Lane. Where has time gone?

Comment

Abdul Aziz was a very dirty fighter himself,cheating heavily. Constantly with elbows, headbutts, jointlocks etc.
            Evander gave him a taste of his own medicine really.

The memorable headbutt in their first fight where Tyson was sent reeling back was actually initiated by him.
            In the second fight Aziz continually tried to break Evander's arm and then of course rip part of the ear off with his teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
              Notice that's only ears he bit, Holyfield is a dirty fighter, Mike just sucked after prison (still good, but no where near his greatness of the 80's), so Holyfield would have won for sure , Mike just wanted out of the fight.
              Too bad they couldn't have fought before Mike went to prison, the Tyson that beat Razor Ruddock would have probably beat Holyfield (at that time).
              holyfield would have beat any version of mike imo. granite chin and refused to get intimidated plus his obvious skill of course

Comment

Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
                I don't blame Mike for doing what he did. Holyfield was using his head like a third arm and the ref wasn't doing anything about it.

Holyfield was wrestling and fighting with his head for most of the fight. Tyson even got cut because of it and the ref didn't even make a ruling. No warnings, no point deductions, nothing. He just kept letting him fight with his head.

lol,,,,,I hope you don't have any kids if that's your attitude and sportsmanship. biting someones ear off in retaliation is just ridiculous. kinda sick and scary if you ask me

Comment

Tyson was on drugs

And he didn't just bite him once

Justifiable dq

Comment

To Mike's credit, he bit both of em off...

GOAT

Comment

Working...
                    X