No announcement yet.

What an awkward fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What an awkward fight...

I know both guys a pretty nice dudes, but man, it just felt awkward. They were touching gloves every chance they got. I swear they even hugged during a round.

Just WAY too chummy to me. More like a friendly sparring session than a championship boxing match.

Not to mention, Clottey's corner felt very weird. Was hardly listening to his trainer at all, kept looking out to someone outside the ring (his manager I think).

Just got an overall weird vibe from that fight.

His trainer is a cutman that refused to watch tapes of Manny... I wouldn't listen to him either.

They hugged at the beginning of the 12th, I'm sure that has happened before.
    Last edited by Bring It On; 03-14-2010, 01:43 AM.

Comment

THe fix was in to not disrupt Pac/May in the fall/winter. Clottey is a fraud

Comment

Yes, that's right. Go with your intuition. Its a fight for crying out loud! Where was all this "oh, did I hit you too hard?" crap coming from? I think the fight was fixed: Pacmania is too important for boxing at this point to loose to pretty much a nobody.

On a side note, The Event gets a C- from me, it was not worthy of Cowboy Stadium. I did like Soto Diaz, though, that was cool. However, Soto needs more drive or something because he has the goods to knock his opponents around but just needs the will to do it.

Comment

Working...
        X