No announcement yet.

Favorite boss battles!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite boss battles!

Hey guys, it's Bringer. (Still waiting for my ban to be lifted on the 24th.)

Anyway, I figured I'd get some more conversation flowing in here about games, old, and new. So what are some of your favorite boss battles of all time in video games?

If possible, please post a youtube video so those of us who haven't seen it can watch.

Off the top of my head..........

The 13th Colossus from "Shadow of the Colossus".

"Morpheel" from "Twilight Princess".

"El Gigante" from "Resident Evil 4".

I was going to put a video up of the sniper battle with "The End" from MGS3, but no youtube video really captures the tension you feel while trying to get the drop on that old prick.

More to come..............

No boss battle discussion would be complete without "Bowser" from "Super Mario World".

"The Fury" from "Metal Gear Solid 3".

"Pyramid Head" from "Silent Hill 2 : Restless Dreams". So damn creepy......

Comment

"The Krakken" from "God of War 2".

"Skeleton Diver" from "Castlevania: Curse of Darkness". There's nothing I like more than skeletons, except for the Great White Shark. Add the two together, and it's totally badass.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler
        Gotta shout out Streets of Rage 2 wit Mr X and his tommy gun. And Shao Khan on MKII was tough if you didn't have someone wit a sharp jump kick.
        Good ****, son. Glad to see somebody contributing to the thread.

This prick was rough as hell for me.

"Bone Dragon" from "Ninja Gaiden".

Comment

Some tough assed old school bosses.......

"Eyedol" from "Killer Instinct".

"Spore Spawn" from "Super Metroid".

And nobody fucks with "Akuma" from the Street Fighter 2 Turbo arcade.......

Comment

Final fantasy VII - Sephiroth(long ass video):

Bioshock - Frank Fontaine:

Zelda: A link to the past - Ganon(Has to be the easiest final boss ever):

Comment

Originally posted by mangler
              You never fail to get me thinkin old school wit these threads homey. I had a ***** of a time dealin wit Super Macho Man's super spin punch BITD on Punch Out. Took me longer to master that guy than Tyson. And on the 1st Legend of Zelda for NES, it took a while for me to figure out you needed the ****in silver arrow to beat Gannon. And eventually findin the red ring helped too.
              Yeah, the silver arrow is a staple of the arsenal you need to take out Ganon. I was disappointed they left them out in "Twilight Princess" but the 3 battles you have with Ganon in it are epic. Especially the final sword fight. (Won't post it, don't want to ruin it for ya')

Hitting him with the silver arrow in "A Link to the Past" was difficult as hell too. Prick kept warping everywhere, and turning off the lights. You had to light torches, hit him with your sword to stun him, and quickly follow up with the arrow afterwards.

Comment

Galamoth from Castlevania Symphony of the Night. i lost sleep over that ****er

Comment

Originally posted by el guason456 View Post
                  Galamoth from Castlevania Symphony of the Night. i lost sleep over that ****er
                  Yeah, he was a total prick. For you.......

"Sigma" from Megaman X was horribly hard as well. To get to him, you had to beat all of the 8 original bosses, back to back, on whatever health you had. Then a few sub bosses inbetween. Finally you get to Sigma, and he sicks his dog on you, then when you beat that, he's got a light saber, when you beat that, then he's a giant robot.

I could never beat him in the final form. I beat everything else up to him, including his dog and the light saber part. But goddamn he was difficult.

Comment

theres an easier way to beat Galamoth. just equip the beryl circlet and youre good to go. GOAT video game IMO....any other games like this one?

Comment

Working...
                    X