Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's crazy how many DVD Screeners have leaked recently.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i was about to create a thread about this. zero dark thirty is already up for grabs..

Comment

Maybe with new technology comes new ways to steal these movies.

Comment

gangster squad any minute now...

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          There used to be DVD screeners for practically every movie just a few years ago, then they pretty much disappeared. I kinda assumed film companies simply stopped sending screeners to prevent them from leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            It's been there since like 8 years ago, but around 4 or 5 years ago the screeners has stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              It's been there since like 8 years ago, but around 4 or 5 years ago the screeners has stopped.
              Not really. The last time DVD screeners were leaked was in 2010 when 127 Hours, Black Swan, The Fighter, The King's Speech were all leaked the same weekend. Last year was the only year that no DVD screeners were leaked because everything was iTunes based.

These screeners are actually sent to Academy members not film critics. They even have fancy packaging.

Here's the screener packaging for ZD30:

The thing is, many Academy members don't even work in the industry anymore and receive screeners. The Hobbit is the only one that isn't an Academy screener (it's a critic screener). It's the reason why the group ripping the release had lots of trouble because of the security on the DVD.

I remember in 2008 when DVD screeners of Gran Torino and Slumdog Millionaire came out even before both films were released in theaters. I remember watching my first DVD screener of Sideways and back then the Academy would give you a special DVD player (a Cinea DVD player) to play screeners on. The thing with this is that people couldn't rip the movie so they just recorded the playback digitally and uploaded it on the net.

Comment

Anybody else get the unfinished Wolverine screener a couple years back with the production notes still on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
                  Not really. The last time DVD screeners were leaked was in 2010 when 127 Hours, Black Swan, The Fighter, The King's Speech were all leaked the same weekend. Last year was the only year that no DVD screeners were leaked because everything was iTunes based.

These screeners are actually sent to Academy members not film critics. They even have fancy packaging.

Here's the screener packaging for ZD30:

The thing is, many Academy members don't even work in the industry anymore and receive screeners. The Hobbit is the only one that isn't an Academy screener (it's a critic screener). It's the reason why the group ripping the release had lots of trouble because of the security on the DVD.

I remember in 2008 when DVD screeners of Gran Torino and Slumdog Millionaire came out even before both films were released in theaters. I remember watching my first DVD screener of Sideways and back then the Academy would give you a special DVD player (a Cinea DVD player) to play screeners on. The thing with this is that people couldn't rip the movie so they just recorded the playback digitally and uploaded it on the net.
                  **** you Walt .

Comment

Seeds are a lie. Slow as ****....

Comment

anything else worth the download? ones still in theaters tho

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X