No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Admits Fear He Will Never Get Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    He should just worry about taking care of his business and that will take care of itself. His unwillingness to fight in September does kind of screw him because he only gets that one chance a year and if something better comes up for next May there is not much he can do.
    It's not unwillingness to fight it is during Ramadan, a very important time for Muslims. It's not that he doesn'r want to fight, but this takes precedence!!!!!

Comment

I think we can all chalk this up to the mess that is boxing today. There should be a governing body that unifies, standardize, and make a viable/reliabe ranking wherein the champion would have to defend his crown against the best contenders. Period.

Comment

People on here are so clueless it's unreal.

Khan doesn't wanna fight Mayweather for a payday, he's already swimming in money and can make more money fighting somebody like Brook than Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Never seen a fighter get so much stick for actually wanting to fight the best.
          It's so true. People always say that he needs to focus on where he currently stands and who's in front of him. People fail to realise that pushing for a fight with Mayweather is probably his motivation that keeps him hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Conan View Post
            I think the whole Khan's team will reject Thurman. He is a hard hitting guy. I guess he will fight Malignaggi again. lol. A fight w/ Guerrero make sense to me.
            Guerrero's already got a fight lined up against a Japanes fighter on the same card as Gary Russell Jr vs Lomanchenko. Porter has to fight Kell Brook in July. Devon Alexander has a fight lined up with Jesus Soto-Karass this summer. So basically Khan has Thurman as the only legit Welterweight at GBP.

Comment

Ok, it's great Khan wants to desperately fight the best, I get that, it's something every fighter should strive for. The thing that bothers me is that he's making his every move based on another fighter's career. Stop worrying about Floyd and just do you Khan. Keep winning and performing well and you will get a shot. The media and fans already know who you are, they simply don't want that to be enough to merit a Floyd fight. Try to pick up a belt from someone and Floyd won't have a problem fighting you.
              Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 05-14-2014, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Guerrero's already got a fight lined up against a Japanes fighter on the same card as Gary Russell Jr vs Lomanchenko. Porter has to fight Kell Brook in July. Devon Alexander has a fight lined up with Jesus Soto-Karass this summer. So basically Khan has Thurman as the only legit Welterweight at GBP.
                You are right. I definitely wants to see that fight too. But I doubt it wont happen, atleast Khan's next couple of fights for obvious reason. They feed Khan a low risk fight just to secure a win and his stock for a Mayweather bout.

Comment

Get rid of the combo grab style in your next fight and maybe fans will demand the fight. Right now the fans still have that Collazo garbage in their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    That card with Guerrero is in June same card as devon. Khan won't be ready to fight till November, so the fight with Guerrero or Devon is still possible

Comment

Khan doesn't realize that he's one big win away from landing the fight. STFU and fight someone notable.

Comment

Working...
                      X