No announcement yet.

FYI Facebook privacy setting change

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI Facebook privacy setting change

Saw this as a mates status so thought i'd let you's know so u can change your settings:

As of today, New Privacy setting called "Instant Personalization" goes into effect. The new setting shares your data with non-Facebook websites & it is automatically set to "Enabled". Go to Account>Privacy Settings>Apps & Websites>Instant Personalization>edit settings & UNCHECK "Enable". BTW If your friends don't do this, they will be sharing information about you as well. PLEASE COPY & REPOST

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
    Saw this as a mates status so thought i'd let you's know so u can change your settings:

As of today, New Privacy setting called "Instant Personalization" goes into effect. The new setting shares your data with non-Facebook websites & it is automatically set to "Enabled". Go to Account>Privacy Settings>Apps & Websites>Instant Personalization>edit settings & UNCHECK "Enable". BTW If your friends don't do this, they will be sharing information about you as well. PLEASE COPY & REPOST
    Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Cheers mate, I have strict privacy on FB, will do this now.

Comment

Comment

not available for me yet, can't change it

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post

Thank you! Green k sent.

Comment

if this the case i am not changing the setting, i am suspending the account indefinitely. this is getting out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                if this the case i am not changing the setting, i am suspending the account indefinitely. this is getting out of hand.
                wow, the end of facebook is nigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
                  wow, the end of facebook is nigh.
                  in three and a half years they've become the most used and popular website on the planet....and they harvest and GIVE AWAY our info?

It sounds way too much like big brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
                    in three and a half years they've become the most used and popular website on the planet....and they harvest and GIVE AWAY our info?

It sounds way too much like big brother.
                    you give away your info.

Comment

Working...
                    X