No announcement yet.

new HOF ballot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new HOF ballot

The following poll is for the newly listed fighters only. Pick as many as you think are worthy. There are too many names for the poll, so I'm trying to include the most well known (not necessarily the most worthy).
    Nigel Benn
    8.82%
    Paulie Ayala
    4.41%
    Julian Jackson
    14.71%
    Buddy McGirt
    7.35%
    Meldrick Taylor
    13.24%
    Fernando Vargas
    2.94%
    Lupe Pintor
    20.59%
    Ray Mancini
    14.71%
    Vinnie Pazienza
    4.41%
    Chris Eubank
    8.82%

The poll is expired.

The following are those that are new that I didn't list:

Riddick Bowe
    Leo Gamez
    Genaro Hernandez
    Rocky Lockridge
    Henry Maske
    Sung-Kil Moon
    Orzubek Nazarov
    Gilberto Roman
    Gianfranco Rosi
    Ratanapol Sor Vorapind

Comment

Good stuff Scott... Great idea for a thread..

Maybe make another thread with a poll for the guys that couldn't fit the first time..

I voted for everyone but Vinny Paz, Vargas was a mistake, didn't mean to vote for him. All the others were major players in boxing, and may not be ATG, but it would be hard to tell the history of boxing without mentioning these names..

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        The following are those that are new that I didn't list:

Riddick Bowe
        Leo Gamez
        Genaro Hernandez
        Rocky Lockridge
        Henry Maske
        Sung-Kil Moon
        Orzubek Nazarov
        Gilberto Roman
        Gianfranco Rosi
        Ratanapol Sor Vorapind
        Thought genero was already in..

Gilberto roman and riddick bowe, maske all could get in possibly.. I'm not familiar enough with most of the others to have a good answer..

Lockridge is a no

Comment

I voted for pintor

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
            I voted for pintor
            Lupe is one of those guys who is more impressive when you watch him fight rather than going just on his numbers. Rafael Herrera is similar that way.

Comment

Maybe finally something positive for Riddick Bowe after so many years of self-destruction? I think he should get in for his ATG fights with Holyfield and generally the incredible performances and skills he showed during his run. Also for the brutal Golota fights that ruined his health and showed some of the greatest heart I've ever seen from a fighter. Really too bad that he'll always be the biggest what-if in HW history along with Ibeabuchi though.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                Maybe finally something positive for Riddick Bowe after so many years of self-destruction? I think he should get in for his ATG fights with Holyfield and generally the incredible performances and skills he showed during his run. Also for the brutal Golota fights that ruined his health and showed some of the greatest heart I've ever seen from a fighter. Really too bad that he'll always be the biggest what-if in HW history along with Ibeabuchi though.
                Hard to call bowe a what-if comparable to Ike, since he did become the undisputed champ but I get what your saying..

But I put bowe in the Tyson or toney what-if level

And a notch above the what-ifs of Ike, Valero, tony Ayala,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Hard to call bowe a what-if comparable to Ike, since he did become the undisputed champ but I get what your saying..

But I put bowe in the Tyson or toney what-if level

And a notch above the what-ifs of Ike, Valero, tony Ayala,
                  Well someone like Tyson atleast fought most of the greats during his time no matter how he stood at the time or lost. Bowe, aside from Evander, ducked or just didn't get to fight any of the greats of his era. He also never quite had the same drive and motivation anymore right after winning the title.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                    Well someone like Tyson atleast fought most of the greats during his time no matter how he stood at the time or lost. Bowe, aside from Evander, ducked or just didn't get to fight any of the greats of his era. He also never quite had the same drive and motivation anymore right after winning the title.
                    Tyson ducked plenty of guys..

My point being guys like Bowe, Tyson, toney are proven great fighters that have a what-if about their professionalism and what-if they had Hopkins type discipline, they would be monster and very high on atg lists..

Guys like Ike, Valero never proved anything and what-if is what-if they could have landed meaningful fights and not thrown away their careers

2 different types if what-ifs,,, that's why I wouldn't compare bowe and Ike

Comment

Working...
                    X