Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Fockers- I actually quite enjoyed this. Its funny without being rude and insulting. A good family comedy made me giggle a few times. Critics seem to be slating it i really dont get why. Not quite as good as the first 2 but still better then most of the crap overrated comedys that have been coming out the last couple of years.

Comment

• I finally got round to watching Inception. Good film, if a little bit silly in parts (why didn't he take his kids with him, how did he get off the charges). Overall though, an enjoyable watch and a plot which I was able to follow well and kept me engrossed throughout. You have to applaud and admire the highly original premise for the film and DiCaprio once again puts in a brilliant performance as a highly flawed individual.

8/10
      Last edited by The Monk; 01-03-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Devil (2010)

MNS should make more movies of the supernatural like this one and The Sixth Sense. I do like a lot of his movies that people tend to trash but MNS shines when he tells stories about ghosts and spirits. With that said, Devil doesn't disappoint. It had me guessing throughout the whole movie and was quite enjoyable. The acting, cast, music, cinematography, etc. were good although there were some needless scenes, they weren't much of a bother. Overall, I think MNS added a good movie to his record and has me looking forward to the rest of "The Night Chronicles".

8/10

Comment

• The Tournament (2010)

Starring Robert Carlyle, Kelly Hu, Ian Somerhalder (lost), Ving Rhames, Sebastien Foucan (Black French free running guy)

Right, decided to get a movie yesterday after a big sat night, i was tired and hungover so picked a movie that I figured needed no concentration or thought what so ever - a good old fashioned shoot 'em up movie.

a load of assassins (about 30 i think) enter a tournament were they all have to kill each other, and the last person alive wins $10M. They hold this event every 7 years, and this time they decide to hold this event in........Middlesborough. They have 24 hours to finish the event or all remaining contestants get blown up. And they can all track each other electronically, so a bloody battle commences.

Robert Carlyle is an alcoholic priest who ends up getting caught up in it accidently, Ving Rhames is the defending champion who entered to get revenge for his murdered pregnant wife and Ian Somerhalder is the bad guy. And in a movie containing 30 assassins, u know hes the bad guy cos he doesnt just kill people, oh no, this crazy mo fo kills a cute dog too. And anything else that movies.

I give it a solid 6.5/10. Got what i expected, a bloody, messy plot free (pretty much) shoot em up were lots of people die in many different sometimes funny ways with a varety of different weapons being used and the French dude showing of his free running skills along the way. Best battle was when 7 of them ended up in the same strip club (good excuse to put some **** in the movie)

Comment

• Just rewatched The Godfather, 10/10

Comment

• Just watched the King's Speech, a very impressive film. The acting is simply fantastic, with a quality script it is clearly a candidate for film of the year.

I also enjoyed The Fighter, far more than a boxing movie, or a movie about Micky Ward. An excellent film addressing the trials and tribulations of a tough fighter trying to make his way in a bull**** system.

See them both, each are far superior to The Social Network.

Comment

• The Troll Hunter, links provided.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=459487&page=3

Thoroughly enjoyed it. If this genre is your thing and you like the looks of it you'll definitely enjoy it.

Comment

• Just watched an old Chuck Norris 80's flick, it was cheesy good. They just don't make em like that anymore. I can honestly watch any cheesy low budget 80's and 90's action, thriller, and Horror flicks over the craps that we're seeing nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    The Troll Hunter, links provided.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=459487&page=3

Thoroughly enjoyed it. If this genre is your thing and you like the looks of it you'll definitely enjoy it.

Watched this over the weekend...I won't watch it again nor would I recommend it.

Comment

• Takers-If you have trouble sleeping this is the movie of the year,me my girl my buddy and his girl all fell asleep during this craphole of a movie.

Comment

Working...
                      X