Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roberto Duran Advises Canelo To Maul Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Duran is a top 5 ATG. I'm sure he knows what Canelo should do.

I can't wait to hear the worst fanbase tell us the ATG is wrong though

Comment

Duran is correct. Fighters make the mistake of going for the head instead of the body. Look at Paulie Malignaggi against Broner. Paulie tagged Broner's body, arms, because it was easier to find and hit than Broner's head .... unfortunately, Paulie does not have power in his punches but he had the right idea.

Even with movement, it will be easier to hit the body than the head. The issue is that Canelo is relatively a flat-footed fighter who does not maul fighters.
      Last edited by ADP02; 07-17-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Canelo will beat Floyd ass.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Canelo will beat Floyd ass.
          bookmarking this for after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            Well Duran is a top 5 ATG. I'm sure he knows what Canelo should do.

I can't wait to hear the worst fanbase tell us the ATG is wrong though
            The blueprint to beat Floyd has been out for years though, finding someone to do it is another story. Duran is obviously right, but will Canelo be able to stay on top of him? We will see fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              It's not like no one has ever attempted to maul Floyd and punch him all over (even DLH tried) It's just that everyone who does always ends up getting countered and quickly realize that Floyd punches do have some sting on them, primarily because you don't see them coming.....
              Good post.

Comment

It's going to be a great fight because we're going to find out how good Canelo's defense really is.

Comment

If Canelo fought like Duran did against Buchanan he'll be DQ'd in a couple of rounds.

I agree with Roberto's analysis though. Floyd very rarely wins the first two rounds then takes over from there (once he gets the rhythm). Canelo needs to jump on him from the off.

Comment

It's hard to take the advice of an ATG sometimes because they'll tell you what they would have done. Many fighters can't implement that attack correctly. It is good advice though. An example of what I mean is Diego Corrales had a similar game plan and we see how that turned out. He couldn't pull it off. I don't think this will be Canelo's game plan though.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                      bookmarking this for after the fight.
                      why ?

Comment

Working...
                      X