No announcement yet.

Bob Arum and HBO make boxing great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum and HBO make boxing great

Bob Arum is a great promoter who gets hated on a lot for some strange reason, he's been in the game for what? 40 years or so? And he's promoted the likes of Duran, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Mayweather, Pacquiao, DLH.

It's no coincidence that most of the best fights in recent memory have come under Top Rank and Arum, HBO also has much better production value than Showtime.

Look at the "At last" trailer it sent chills down my spine with the music and Liev Schreiber gave me chills, and Showtime's one was absolute cow manure, I hate Showtimes "All Access" it's utter garbage compared to the legendary 24/7.

Also notice how Arum doesn't protect fighters as much as Haymon, and seems more willing to work with other promoters, not only that but him and HBO put up great stylistic matchups that make for entertaining fights such as Matthysse Provodnikov and countless others.

Haymon and Showtime could learn a lot from a smart bidnessman like Arum, hate and jealousy doesn't get you anywhere

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    Bob Arum is a great promoter who gets hated on a lot for some strange reason, he's been in the game for what? 40 years or so? And he's promoted the likes of Duran, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Mayweather, Pacquiao, DLH.

It's no coincidence that most of the best fights in recent memory have come under Top Rank and Arum, HBO also has much better production value than Showtime.

Look at the "At last" trailer it sent chills down my spine with the music and Liev Schreiber gave me chills, and Showtime's one was absolute cow manure, I hate Showtimes "All Access" it's utter garbage compared to the legendary 24/7.

Also notice how Arum doesn't protect fighters as much as Haymon, and seems more willing to work with other promoters, not only that but him and HBO put up great stylistic matchups that make for entertaining fights such as Matthysse Provodnikov and countless others.

Haymon and Showtime could learn a lot from a smart bidnessman like Arum, hate and jealousy doesn't get you anywhere
    Excellent hype job. Pun intended.

Comment

Ya. Last nights HBO commentary was awesome!

Comment

HBO is and always will be superior.

Bob Arum is a legend and we should appreciate him while he's here. War Bob!

Comment

And seriously, 24/7 is so much better than All Access

HBO's At Last was so much better than whatever Floyds was called and I'm not saying that as a PacPoop, it was just better.

Comment

Lol. Boxing...the only sport where ppl are bigger fans of the Promoters, agents, and networks than they are the actual fighters. Hahahaha

Comment

Bob Arum is a great promoter no question.

Comment

Stupid thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
                  Lol. Boxing...the only sport where ppl are bigger fans of the Promoters, agents, and networks than they are the actual fighters. Hahahaha
                  LOL.

This thread has no premise.

Comment

Why do public relation personnel come to post hype and propaganda for a business man who never laced up a pair of gloves a day in his life?? That man is about BUSINESS and putting money in his pockets!! I'm a fight fan!! were ever there's a fight !!! I have No Allegiance to Top Rank or HBO!! THIS IS A P.R. campaign post !!

Comment

Working...
                    X