• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev-
    Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gallo Negro!

what was credible about Floyd Marquez?

Nothing at the time, it was a farce of a fight. But what made it credible was what Marquez on to do afterward. Which is beat Pacquiao at the same weight class, 2 years later.
    2 years later after learning their mistake on weight. Jmm was bigger than Pac and had an ex Conte employee helping him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• these are the types of fights that boxing needs... fans want excitement... f**k the purists and make this happen...

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        i know i'm in the minority in this site by wanting this but i dont care

i'm not one of these floyd f@gs that has a problem with ANY fighter PAC chooses

nor am i one of these wanna be boxing purists that's gonna cry about 'well who has bam bam beat to deserve a shot'

how about everyone he's faced?

you f0ckers wanna cry about integrity in matchmaking or how things happen, well guess what? you're crying about it in the wrong sport...

integrity/the right way and boxing? LMAO!!

stylistically, this is a train wreck waiting to happen...with Rios's relentless style, never-say-die bravado vs PAC's buzzsaw style

Rios would be the most dangerous come-forward fighter that PAC has faced in years...he's faded somewhat and i think Rios would be the perfect litmus test to see how far he's dropped

if he's dropped as much as some speculate, we could be blessed with an all out war...PAC would try to move and use angles but at his age, he will end being forced to stand and trade...a lot...

who doesn't wanna see that?

PAC-Rios: it's a whole lot better that PAC-JMM 17, Bradley, Cotto, or whatever retread some of you think is worthy

i hope the words in my thread find their way to that snake Arum

here's hoping we get this fight on 4/20...nothing like smoking a bowl and watching a war on ppv
        Sign you up for any fight that gives manny an easy win against another guy up from 140. Justify any manny fight except the one that will actually reveval if he is a great fighter or not. Typical manny fan.

Comment

• It would be exciting, but Rios doesn't deserve the fight at all.

But if Pac wants to go out on a high note and retire after the fight, Rios pretty much has the perfect style for that. I guess what I'm saying is that if it's his last fight then OK, if he intends to continue fighting then no.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
            LMFAO I love how come from behind victories cause people to forget when someone was getting outclassed... Rios was getting outboxed by a brawler that's not on Pac's level in any department (except the jab)

Pac would just pick him apart, bloody his face all up until it starts falling off, than either get a stoppage or completely ruin Rios' career
            Rios broke Alvarado down. That was his strategy. He didn't get lucky and stop him, he broke him down and stopped him. He wasn't getting outclassed in any way, at worst he was getting outworked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Rios's defense is extremely underrated, at times when he is getting touched up many don't see that he's rolling with the punches and minimizing their effect. I'm not saying he's up there defensively but considering his style he has a pretty good defense, he's much better than Margarito too. On top of that he's an uppercut artist with a good right hand, which are some of the tools Cotto didn't posses, when Cotto opted to pressure Pacquiao.

Before I get an oversensitive response, I'm in no way saying Rios is better than Cotto, I'm simply saying he's better equipped in certain areas, areas that would be somewhat troubling to Pacquiao. In the end, even being a HUGE fan of Rios, I favor Pacquiao, for Rios to win he would have to attack Pacquiao's body without sustaining much damage in the early rounds, that in itself would be hard to do. I say that because Manny isn't the stamina freak he once was and Rios only keeps coming.
              I agree. Rios is a pressure fighter, his game involves moving forward and landing big shots, so of course he's going to hit more often than someone who is boxing from outside, but Rios slips and dodges decently enough, and he can close the distance after a missed punch very well.

At the end of the day he's too slow and limited for me to consider him beating even this Pacquiao. But it wouldn't be the upset of the century. Obviously I'd rather see Pac-Mayweather, but it isn't going to happen, and this is a decent fight.

Comment

• I'd like Pacquiao vs Rios actually, the same way I'd like Floyd vs Matthysse (trying to put it into a more realistic context for those suggesting Pacquiao-Matthysse, or those asking 'what would you say to Floyd-Rios?'). But let me put it another way, I think Rios' win over Alvarado about equals any one win of Mathysse's at 140.

People wanted Pac to face a young, prime african-american, he did so and I'd say he won. They wanted him to face a guy that wouldn't stand in front of him and would box, that's exactly what Marquez did - Win, lose or draw, they said the fight was boring, even though it was competitive...if entertainment is what you seek, how can you think anything less of Pacquiao-Rios? Sometimes I don't know what to think of some people's opinions on this website. I'm no longer certain if they mean what they say the other half of the time, or they're just trying to rationalize being disappointed...all the time.

And btw, since when did thinking a fighter that can't beat Floyd or Pacquiao, mean he's a bad opponent?

Pacquiao-Bradley 2 is a solid fight, but if I was going to drop $70 on either fight, I'd hold it for Pacquiao-Rios. And by the way, what happened to that, 'no bradley or marquez, we want new blood?'

For those suggesting Paulie/Alexander...no, thanks (and that's assuming TR-GB would work together to make those bouts, which they won't). I like the fight with Kell Brook, but he wanted no part of a Bradley with a belt @ 147, how realistic is such an option?

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i know i'm in the minority in this site by wanting this but i dont care

i'm not one of these floyd f@gs that has a problem with ANY fighter PAC chooses

nor am i one of these wanna be boxing purists that's gonna cry about 'well who has bam bam beat to deserve a shot'

how about everyone he's faced?

you f0ckers wanna cry about integrity in matchmaking or how things happen, well guess what? you're crying about it in the wrong sport...

integrity/the right way and boxing? LMAO!!

stylistically, this is a train wreck waiting to happen...with Rios's relentless style, never-say-die bravado vs PAC's buzzsaw style

Rios would be the most dangerous come-forward fighter that PAC has faced in years...he's faded somewhat and i think Rios would be the perfect litmus test to see how far he's dropped

if he's dropped as much as some speculate, we could be blessed with an all out war...PAC would try to move and use angles but at his age, he will end being forced to stand and trade...a lot...

who doesn't wanna see that?

PAC-Rios: it's a whole lot better that PAC-JMM 17, Bradley, Cotto, or whatever retread some of you think is worthy

i hope the words in my thread find their way to that snake Arum

here's hoping we get this fight on 4/20...nothing like smoking a bowl and watching a war on ppv
                  it would be a repeat of pac vs margarito but worse

Comment

• Yeah, Rios is an exciting fighter, whooptee-****ing-doo. So was Arturo Gatti and what a barn burner he had with De La Hoya . Sorry but mismatches don't excite me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Sign you up for any fight that gives manny an easy win against another guy up from 140. Justify any manny fight except the one that will actually reveval if he is a great fighter or not. Typical manny fan.

after more than a decade in the limelight, you still dont know if PAC is a great fighter or not?

your post should read 'typical fight fan...all you want is excitement'

there is no floyd fight

make a Lucas fight if GBP allows it

its better than PAC-JMM 54

its better than PAC-Cotto CW 2

unless you want to see PAC-Zaveck?

prime Roberto Duran could be reincarnated to fight PAC and you'd probably still b1tch about that

Comment

Working...
                      X