Should Abril-Broner Be For The Ring Championship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    Who is this everyone you speak of?
    He was ranked at the top of the division by the Ring....

Comment

Oh and Rios was the #1 LW at the time Abril schooled him. He was coming off beating Antillon, Acosta, and Murray. The only LW ranked higher at the time was RING champ Marquez, which he was stripped of a couple months later.

Comment

They are the two best lightweights in the world at the moment, I don't care what title is one the line, they could fight for the Toys "R" Us for all I care. Stop legitimizing these organizations, including The Ring.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          I didn't see anything in that article about a comment from Team Vazquez PB.... It could be out there though because before you linked me there I was like Phantom and didn't hear anything
          Yeah I got that from this guy:

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
          I think you got the wrong source, there was an article in Bad left hook about Vasquez talking about Borner's team turning down that fight.....aparently was the first one presented to Broners team and they said hell no..

But I can't find the article he's referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Oh and Rios was the #1 LW at the time Abril schooled him. He was coming off beating Antillon, Acosta, and Murray. The only LW ranked higher at the time was RING champ Marquez, which he was stripped of a couple months later.
            Did they deal with that robbery the same way they dealt with Pacquiao vs. Bradley do you remember?

Comment

Honestly, imthink the top 4 lightweights are Broner, burns, Vasquez and abril. Broner appears to be the best but he doesn't have the best resume at the weight. The picture is to cloudy among those 4 fighters for me to say any one fight between them should be for the ring.

Comment

someone explain the ring championship to me

Comment

Originally posted by VVho View Post
                  someone explain the ring championship to me
                  RATINGS PANEL / CHAMPIONSHIP POLICY - Championship vacancies can be filled in the following two ways: 1. THE RING’s Nos. 1 and 2 contenders fight one another. 2. If the Nos. 1 and 2 contenders chose not to fight one another and either of them fights No. 3, No. 4 or No. 5, the winner may be awarded THE RING belt if the Editorial Board deems the contenders worthy. Here are the seven situations in which a champion can lose his belt: 1. The Champion loses a fight in the weight class in which he is champion. 2. The Champion moves to another weight class. 3. The Champion does not schedule a fight in any weight class for 18 months. 4. The Champion does not schedule a fight at his championship weight for 18 months (even if he fights at another weight). 5. The Champion does not schedule a fight with a Top-5 contender from any weight class for two years. 6. The Champion retires. 7. The Champion tests positive for a banned substance. RATINGS POLICY The criteria by which THE RING rates fighters is as follows (in order of importance): 1. Results. This is the most objective criterion and takes precedence over all others. 2. Performance. How a fighter performs in a victory or defeat can be a factor to determine his place in the ratings. 3. Track record: A fighter’s accomplishments in the recent past can be a factor to determine his place in the ratings. That includes quality of opposition. THE RING Ratings are compiled by the magazine’s Editorial Board, with the participation of THE RING Ratings Panel of boxing journalists from around the world. To see the complete list of our panelists, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    Did they deal with that robbery the same way they dealt with Pacquiao vs. Bradley do you remember?
                    No they didnt..... Abril went from 9 to 7 after his "defeat"

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...weight-shakeup

Comment

No it should not. Ring titles should only be on the line when the fight is between two guys are clearly the best in the division. That's not the case with Broner vs. Abril.

Comment

Working...
                      X