Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tommy Morrison's Son Demolishes Ed Latimore in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill be real honest with what bothers me about him. He will probably be pushed hard because of the color of his skin and his name. Ive got ot be honest Ive grown tired of the racial **** that goes on here. Im a 45 year old white guy who has loved all the greats that have come through in my lifetime. My absolute favorite fighter of all time is Roy Jones after him is Tommy Morrison. Im under no illusion the gulf that separates those two as far as talent but they both had me on edge of my seat every time I watched them. There is a monumental shift in consciousness going on in this country right now and its being feed by the media. Im nobody and my words probably dont mean **** to any of you but I talk to pro boxers all the time and only one of them is white. There is no reason other than the bs that is propagated for us to hate one another. We all started at the same spot and whether you want to believe it or not you are my brother. We all matter mfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
      I agree with you to a certain extent. He is the same size as Povetkin and their are people here that will tell you he can rule the roost. He has the right trainer and i cant really say anything beyond that because the hw division has giants roaming in it now days. Im really curious why people talk about Wilder though, Joshua puts him to bed inside 2 rounds.
      Because Wilder fights from the outside and while he looks awkward he is a much superior boxer to Morrison. He would kill Morrison because he has every advantage and Morrison likely won't be able to touch him with a punch with anything on it.

Wilder is a tough guy to fight, but people act like he is easy to beat that is what I don't get.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Because Wilder fights from the outside and while he looks awkward he is a much superior boxer to Morrison. He would kill Morrison because he has every advantage and Morrison likely won't be able to touchc him with a punch with anything on it.

Wilder is a tough guy to fight, but people act like he is easy to beat that is what I don't get.
        Haha, I didn't mean to suggest Trey could do anything with Wilder. I was just commenting on Wilder separately. I think he gets beat as soon as he fights the top dogs of the division.

Comment

Haha, I didn't mean to suggest Trey could do anything with Wilder. I was just commenting on Wilder separately. I think he gets beat as soon as he fights the top dogs of the division.
          I think Wilder is much tougher to deal with than that by most guys, range and power are the two biggest factors in heavyweight boxing and Wilder has both. He can certainly get beat because at heavy all it takes is one mistake at the wrong time, but it is much easier to say than actually do.

Comment

Morrison looks just as sharp as Wilder ,and certainly has better balance ,a guy like Morrison with 12 fights looks better than Wilder did in his 12 . Trainers are the biggest x factors at the end of the day , i expect Morrison to be in the mix sooner than later going by what Roach thinks hes capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              He has no amateur experience so that is why he will get a feast of underwhelming opponents for now. What exactly has he shown the world of boxing? In 12 fights he has feasted on nobodies. I'm not saying he won't be good but it is pretty early to jump on a 27 year old boxer's bandwagon when he has done nothing. I like Tommy Morrison & I hope his son will do well but I just don't see it right now. I know exactly how it works. I know that a guy with no amateur experience & is 27 is going to fight a lot of nobodies for a few years. He will learn more in some training camps with Roach then he will in fights. The next great white because he beat Ed Latimore
              Latimore had skill to the obvious eye ,you just dont beat a guy who has wins over guys like Breazeale without talent and no amateur background of any sort ,even Tommy had that .If you actually knew about Latimore you would knw hes been big talk on many you tube boxing channels . You judge a fighters skills not age or record ,no you really dont know how it works ,your from canada remember you told me nobody really knows boxing up there ....
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-25-2016, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Morrison looks just as sharp as Wilder ,and certainly has better balance ,a guy like Morrison with 12 fights looks better than Wilder did in his 12 . Trainers are the biggest x factors at the end of the day , i expect Morrison to be in the mix sooner than later going by what Roach thinks hes capable of.

Yea, I def think he will be in the mix in due time.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Latimore had skill to the obvious eye ,you just dont beat a guy who has wins over guys like Breazeale without talent and no amateur background of any sort ,even Tommy had that .If you actually knew about Latimore you would knw hes been big talk on many you tube boxing channels . You judge a fighters skills not age or record ,no you really dont know how it works ,your from canada remember you told me nobody really knows boxing up there ....
                  Says the guy who thought Crolla was gonna take Linares in three. Gtfo

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    Says the guy who thought Crolla was gonna take Linares in three. Gtfo
                    Actually I thought Crolla was going to win first round by technical default by opponent slippage coming out to the bell and hurting his knee..My next fight prediction is Dimentrenko k.os Parker in round two..
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-25-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Yea, I def think he will be in the mix in due time.
                      He'll be a world champion of some sort give or take 4/5 years...dominant era champion? impossible to say b/c of the other super heavy weight talents,but he looks sharp ,we will see.One thing he will need for a major advantage is a power punch,he certainly has that.

Comment

Working...
                      X