No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Asking Critics To Look Beyond His Past

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Asking Critics To Look Beyond His Past

Former boxing champ Mike Tyson has urged women's rights activists to look past his 21-year-old rape conviction and judge him on his changed lifestyle, insisting he was as innocent then as he is now.

Producers of hit TV crime drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit recently came under fire from campaigners against sexual violence after they cast Tyson in an episode -- the activists launched a petition online calling on show runners to scrap his role due to the 1992 rape crime.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i would sympathise, especially as i quite like the guy, IF he would stop frigging banging on about it himself...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Former boxing champ Mike Tyson has urged women's rights activists to look past his 21-year-old rape conviction and judge him on his changed lifestyle, insisting he was as innocent then as he is now.

Producers of hit TV crime drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit recently came under fire from campaigners against sexual violence after they cast Tyson in an episode -- the activists launched a petition online calling on show runners to scrap his role due to the 1992 rape crime.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Give the guy a chance...he's trying to better himself and I think everyone deserves a second chance for goodness sake!!! Get off his back already!!
      Last edited by illpapi; 02-08-2013, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
        i would sympathise, especially as i quite like the guy, IF he would stop frigging banging on about it himself...
        Do you think Mike is the one calling up shows and journalists so he can tell the story? Or do you think they call him up?

Comment

I have a lot of respect for Mike Tyson, because of the strength he's shown in redeeming and changing himself.
          All people make mistakes in their lives, some mistakes are bigger than others, but people have to let things go when it's 20+ yrs ago and the man has genuinely proven himself changed for the better.

Comment

he is transforming to a whole different person and people should try to encourage that instead of reminding him all the time of his bad past. i have a lot of respect for how open he is about his mistakes, that takes a lot of courage.

Comment

It's not easy going back up after you've fallen in life like he did. Dude who's trying to make things right definitely deserves a second chance in my book.

Comment

As a boxing fan, sure I like Iron Mike, there shouldnt be a boxing fan who doesn't. He brought everything a true boxing fan wanted to see and that was KOs "but" the Mike Tyson as a boxer is totally different from him as a person. The man is a convicted rapist for crying out loud. He took away a womans dignity, so do I feel bad for him that womens rights activists hate him? Nope, he made his bed now he has to lie in it. Same way Micheal Vick will have to deal with PETA the rest of his life.

Comment

okay mike. Just keep on fornicating :WORD:

Comment

Originally posted by boxfan1983 View Post
                    As a boxing fan, sure I like Iron Mike, there shouldnt be a boxing fan who doesn't. He brought everything a true boxing fan wanted to see and that was KOs "but" the Mike Tyson as a boxer is totally different from him as a person. The man is a convicted rapist for crying out loud. He took away a womans dignity, so do I feel bad for him that womens rights activists hate him? Nope, he made his bed now he has to lie in it. Same way Micheal Vick will have to deal with PETA the rest of his life.
                    We all know Washington was a money grabbing whore.

He's a changed man, leave him in peace.

Some people have such harsh up bringing's that right and wrong are not embedded in them. I don't think Mike Tyson was a bad man at heart, just a victim of circumstance.

Comment

Working...
                    X