No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch-DeGale Eyed For February, Chavez Unlikely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
    Chavez Jr is a coward plain and simple this has nothing to do with Top Rank not trying to get him good fights. Chavez Jr was offered 7 million to fight GGG with a 2 fight extension. Those two fights he was guaranteed to make seven figures where he could have fought average fighters like Vera, Lee, Manfredo, Rubio, Zbik and so on. The thing is Chavez jr is a average fighter. Cant wait till somebody knocks this chump out.
    Bullsh.t! Chavez Jr. shouldn't have to sign a two-fight extension to get a major fight. Offering Chavez $7 million means nothing when the fight will generate $40 million and allow Arum to walk away with a $15 to $20 million profit based on Chavez Jr.'s popularity. Chavez Jr. can make the same amount of money fighting those same fighters under another promoter's banner without signing an extension with Arum.

Comment

But Golovkin won the face book poll!?! Maybe HBO will do a double header with Froch-DeGale and Golovkin-Soliman?

Comment

Credit to taking this and not retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          Bullsh.t! Chavez Jr. shouldn't have to sign a two-fight extension to get a major fight. Offering Chavez $7 million means nothing when the fight will generate $40 million and allow Arum to walk away with a $15 to $20 million profit based on Chavez Jr.'s popularity. Chavez Jr. can make the same amount of money fighting those same fighters under another promoter's banner without signing an extension with Arum.
          The fact is that Chavez Jr is losing his popularity. He is only going to make big money with a big name fighter. Im not saying that Arum is not a greedy piece of crap but Chavez Jr thinks to highly of himself. 7 million is a big payday for him and the PPV is not gurantted to draw 750,000-1 million PPV buys.

Comment

I am a big Froch fan but I think this fight is one too many for him. I would favour DeGale to win by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Well, here's the passing of the torch fight. DeGale will probably do better than Groves. Froch is 37, DeGale is a boxer, he will outbox Froch IMO.
              The bolded part shall echo in the near future.

James Degale is very skilled and has sweet counter punching. Especially with Frochy who gets quite reckless at times. This will play in to Degale's hands who also happen to fight well off of the ropes where Carl likes to trap people and smother them.

Also Froch is at the point where he can age over night, so that too has to be factored in.
              Last edited by Box-Office; 08-23-2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

"The buture's fright and the buture's chunky"

Comment

WTF. Golovkin was fans' choice on Carl's facebook page. Why is he not in the picture ?

Comment

Lucian Bute was a south paw.... Carl knocked him the **** out!!!

Comment

BTW, I would like Froch to win. If he wins, I would actually be glad. But I think DeGale will win.

Originally posted by Elvizzz View Post
                      Lucian Bute was a south paw.... Carl knocked him the **** out!!!
                      An Olympic Gold Medalist is leagues different than a guy with decent amateur background and decent pro career. Their amateur background does not compare at all. DeGale is an Olympic GOLD medalist. It's not like Bute had a decent amateur career and then a great pro career like we've seen happen in the past. Just a decent fighter, struggled with Andrade, Grachev, Pascal, Froch. He's a decent fighter, nothing special.

Comment

Working...
                      X