Clear All

• A few conditioning techniques for combat sports

Some exercises for Combat Sports Athletes

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
    Some exercises for Combat Sports Athletes
    Like it !!!

Some great exercises there.

Comment

Adding to favorites for some of the exercises, but the workout itself seems a bit OD.

Comment

Clean & jerk with anything more than "light weight" is NOT something I endorse for a boxer! Also the pulling of cars is for mechanics hahaha not an athlete who would be concerned about their backs being strained and over loaded!
        The floor crawls are all good but the old duck walks work nicely and a broom handle across the shoulders will add balancing work to whats all ready a tuff routine!
        I don't promote weights at all until all the natural body weight exercises are used to their highest resolve. Weights can be introduced when a boxer is not preparing for a bout. I'm speaking about an amatuer and professional boxer not a contact fighter mma etc. I know nothing about the combinations of wrestling/boxing/judo/jiu jitsu etc. I do know what little exposure I have of those arts is that the boxing portions are very weak but I'd guess it has alot to do with a much longer leg than arm in front of them!
        Building strength from within and using ones body weight is a much healthier and safer approach to power gains. Injuries caused by weightlifting are close to impossible to overcome and when a boxer has back issues he's as close to finished as possible! The back needs to be strong but needs to be as flexable as possible also! Weights can be utilized for the rear sides of the body and need to be in moderation.
        triceps
        calfs
        hamstring
        some lat work not heavy
        light and flexable neck work
        tendon exercise like roll ups and other hand and finger exercise can be a big help to some people.
        Eliminating nail biting will strengthen your hands and well manicured nails will improve the grip and dexterity. (if you bite your nails try it, I quarentee it works!) Ray.

Comment

Thats pretty cool he looks like a monkey running about on all fours

Comment

Working...
          X