Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All this talk about Certain Fighters using Performance Enhancing Drugs and Steroids..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this talk about Certain Fighters using Performance Enhancing Drugs and Steroids..

People are throwing accusations of steroids use to guys like Georges St. Pierre, Alistair Overeem etc.

Why has NOBODY mentioned Randy Couture as a suspect?

I mean seriously the guy is like 100 years old. His GH and Natty Test Levels dropped off 20 years ago and he looks like he's a prime 25 year old athlete....????

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to steroids and PED's, but all you guys accusing athletes in their primes of using steroids, you completely overlook a guy pushing 47 who looks better than some guys in their 20's...

Jus sayin

gotta agree with ya here man! i think steroids and GH are used alot in mma, and especailly in Japan!

Comment

Originally posted by St Lion View Post
      gotta agree with ya here man! i think steroids and GH are used alot in mma, and especailly in Japan!
      It's possible. Like I said I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I don't advocate steroids use, but at the same time I don't see it as that big of a problem.

While it is cheating, if they can't keep them out of sports, they belong in sports. I wouldn't hazard to guess at least 70% of pro atheltes use them or at least tried them at one point.

Anyway the point of my thread was just to point out Randy before pointing out prime athletes.

I mean the kind of shape Randy is in for a fighter at his age, is ridiculous.

Comment

Joe Rogan's hero would never do something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
          It's possible. Like I said I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I don't advocate steroids use, but at the same time I don't see it as that big of a problem.

While it is cheating, if they can't keep them out of sports, they belong in sports. I wouldn't hazard to guess at least 70% of pro atheltes use them or at least tried them at one point.

Anyway the point of my thread was just to point out Randy before pointing out prime athletes.

I mean the kind of shape Randy is in for a fighter at his age, is ridiculous.
          Kind of a silly rationale.

But then, I don't believe that anything is actually "meant to be."

Comment

Wanderlei Silva makes me laugh, for the OWGP 2006 he came in heavier than Mirko Cro Cop, in a 5 week period he put a stone and 5 pound of muscle on.

Interesting now that without steriods he is moving down to Midlleweight in the UFC. But in Japan he was weighing heavier than Mirko Cro Cop!

Comment

Professional sports in general is full of roids users but i don't have no problems with those guys using it as long as they say it. A lot of guys act like saints and finally we found out they did roids( ex Sherk).
              Roids don't make you better but increases your ability to take punishment and to train more, train harder. That's unfair in the sense that with more training, you can get more skills. A guy like Florian who was a straight out bum in the past became a serial killer at lightweight. I don't accuse him of doing it but i wouldn't be surprised to learn that the man used things like painkillers, to improve like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
                Kind of a silly rationale.

But then, I don't believe that anything is actually "meant to be."
                Not really. People ***** all the time that steroids are ruining sports, but yet they take no measures to keep them out and usually cite money as an issue as to why they can't do it. Which is bull****. If you can pay a baseball player 15 million dollars, you can fork over $250 to test them for performance enhancing drugs.

People want homers, knockouts, touchdowns, records broken, records shattered but damn the athletes if they use steroids.

Wanderlei Silva makes me laugh, for the OWGP 2006 he came in heavier than Mirko Cro Cop, in a 5 week period he put a stone and 5 pound of muscle on.
                That weight Wanderlei put on was not all muscle and cro cop was significantly heavier at I believe 225lbs and Wanderlei I believe at 210-115.

Interesting now that without steriods he is moving down to Midlleweight in the UFC. But in Japan he was weighing heavier than Mirko Cro Cop!
                Well he must still be using according to your rationale because he still looks in incredible shape.

Comment

That weight Wanderlei put on was not all muscle and cro cop was significantly heavier at I believe 225lbs and Wanderlei I believe at 210-115.
                  90% of it was muscle, and yes wandy did weigh heavier on the scales fact!

Well he must still be using according to your rationale because he still looks in incredible shape.
                  i never said he didn't look in shape, but in 2006 he was a heavyweight who was weighing more than lifelong heavyweight cro cop, and is now dropping to middleweight. and how did he manage to put so much muscle on in such a short perioid, as he come in the OWGP on short notice!

Comment

90% of it was muscle, and yes wandy did weigh heavier on the scales fact!
                    Really I though CC was slightly heavier than Silva.

Anyway's. Wanderlei is one of my all time favorites, I'm going to say he's clean. Nothing with the way he looks and the kind of shape he's in now would make me think otherwise.

BTW did you get your dog yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X