No announcement yet.

Honestly is Martinez even worth 20 percent of PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly is Martinez even worth 20 percent of PPV

I mean outside of the Chavez fight which was pretty much all Chavez is he worth the 20 percent hes "agreeing" to to fight floyd? Hes never carried his own ppv and doesnt even do better numbers than Broner on HBO.

By virtue of being a top P4P fighter, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
      I mean outside of the Chavez fight which was pretty much all Chavez is he worth the 20 percent hes "agreeing" to to fight floyd? Hes never carried his own ppv and doesnt even do better numbers than Broner on HBO.
      Well he does get paid over a mill for every fight he is in so he should get a few mill for a Floyd fight. How much did Ortiz make againt Floyd?

The money isn't the issue, Martinez has said numerous times that he wants to beat the best and last time I checked, Floyd was #1 P4P. Ward is too big and Pac is too small so that's why he wants to fight Floyd so bad.

I'm sure at this point, Martinez is richer than he could have ever imagined that he would ever be and he saves his money and invests it, I doubt he would turn down the fight if Floyd offered him 5% of the PPV.

Comment

If they advertise him as the man who beat JCC's son the average Joe will be hyped for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Well he does get paid over a mill for every fight he is in so he should get a few mill for a Floyd fight. How much did Ortiz make againt Floyd?

The money isn't the issue, Martinez has said numerous times that he wants to beat the best and last time I checked, Floyd was #1 P4P. Ward is too big and Pac is too small so that's why he wants to fight Floyd so bad.

I'm sure at this point, Martinez is richer than he could have ever imagined that he would ever be and he saves his money and invests it, I doubt he would turn down the fight if Floyd offered him 5% of the PPV.
          He wants to fight Mayweather for the paycheck. Don't get confused, man.

Comment

It's a reasonable and fair amount, but IF this fight were to ever take place I have no doubt that Floyd would offer Martinez a flat rate. It would still be a bigger purse (by a large margin) than Martinez will ever see, and he'd probably bite.

Comment

I think Ortiz got 2 million (not including PPV money and what not) for his fight against Mayweather. Kind of crazy if you think about it, don't know what Victor's people were thinking. Guys like Dawson, Bradley, and Berto have gotten 1 million+ for fighting on HBO while bringing little fans or ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                He wants to fight Mayweather for the paycheck. Don't get confused, man.
                So you trying to tell me that if Mayweather said I'll give you 5% of the PPV that Martinez would not fight him?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  I think Ortiz got 2 million (not including PPV money and what not) for his fight against Mayweather. Kind of crazy if you think about it, don't know what Victor's people were thinking. Guys like Dawson, Bradley, and Berto have gotten 1 million+ for fighting on HBO while bringing little fans or ratings.
                  That's what I'm saying....even if Floyd tries to "spit in his face" so to speak and only offers him 2 mil, let's say, Martinez won't be any worse off financially than he would otherwise be fighting any other boxer. Throw in the fact that he has a chance to be THE GUY to beat Floyd Mayweather, yeah.......I can't see him walking away from that fight. I can see Floyd feigning an injury to get out of it though, lol.

Comment

So you trying to tell me that if Mayweather said I'll give you 5% of the PPV that Martinez would not fight him?
                    Probably not. Not at 154. I don't pay that much attention to what fighters make, so I don't know if 5% of the PPV from fighting Mayweather would be compared to the money he usually gets.

If he did agree to that low an offer, it would only be because he expects the exposure he gets to make him riches afterwards, like Mayweather did with Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                    X