Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Will Win the Oscars This Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Who Will Win the Oscars This Year?

Have you seen any of the Oscar nominated movies this year?

If so who do you think will win?

Best Actor
    Best Actress
    Best Supporting Actor
    Best Supporting Actress
    Best Director
    Best Movie

Who you got?

Personally Django Unchained was the best movie of the year but I think that movie got snubbed right?

Quentin got snubbed too right?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      Personally Django Unchained was the best movie of the year but I think that movie got snubbed right?

Quentin got snubbed too right?
      Django was certainly the best movie I saw. Wouldn't be surprised if The Hobbit stole the award show though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post
        Django was certainly the best movie I saw. Wouldn't be surprised if The Hobbit stole the award show though.
        Yeah I wish Quentin made more movies he just knows how to make them interesting and exciting. Problem is he never gets love at the Oscars.

Oscars always nominate them dramatic artistic snoozers that chicks and gay dudes love more than us straight dudes.

I havent seen Hobbit was it good? DId they nominate it?

Comment

Yeah I wish Quentin made more movies he just knows how to make them interesting and exciting. Problem is he never gets love at the Oscars.

Oscars always nominate them dramatic artistic snoozers that chicks and gay dudes love more than us straight dudes.

I havent seen Hobbit was it good? DId they nominate it?
          Dude I don't even know if Oscars happened yet, I just remember the third (and my least favorite) LOTR clean sweeping the Oscars. That said, it was okay. Pretty entertaining, but could have easily been cut to a far superior 70min movie (by maybe cutting all the close up shots on Bilbo responding to the situation by making silly faces).

And that's the price Quentin pays for investing time and money in his movies. I remember during the press tour for Jackie Brown, he whispered to Robert Deniro in an interview that he would start casting in Japan in 1 month. That was maybe 6 years before Kill Bill vol. 1 was released. Now I know there were a couple delays in that movie, but regardless that's clearly a man who chooses quality over quantity.

Comment

Dude I don't even know if Oscars happened yet, I just remember the third (and my least favorite) LOTR clean sweeping the Oscars. That said, it was okay. Pretty entertaining, but could have easily been cut to a far superior 70min movie (by maybe cutting all the close up shots on Bilbo responding to the situation by making silly faces).

And that's the price Quentin pays for investing time and money in his movies. I remember during the press tour for Jackie Brown, he whispered to Robert Deniro in an interview that he would start casting in Japan in 1 month. That was maybe 6 years before Kill Bill vol. 1 was released. Now I know there were a couple delays in that movie, but regardless that's clearly a man who chooses quality over quantity.
            Oscars are this Sunday I believe?
            THe main reason why I started this thread is cuz Django was the only flick I saw this year and wondered if anyone saw the nominated movies and if they thought they were any good?

but yeah Quentins movies are the truth! Hope he pumps one a year that be great.

Comment

Oscars are this Sunday I believe?
              THe main reason why I started this thread is cuz Django was the only flick I saw this year and wondered if anyone saw the nominated movies and if they thought they were any good?

but yeah Quentins movies are the truth! Hope he pumps one a year that be great.
              He's currently working on Kill Bill 3, and if I remember correctly there was another project of his that he keeps putting back, but I seem to be drawing a blank. I know he had a few movies he wanted to put out earlier in his career, but had to sell the stories to fund other movies. For instance, I once read True Romance was supposed to loosely link Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction together, but he had to sell it (and the new director RUINED it) so that he could finish Reservoir Dogs. Didn't he also write and originally plan on directing Natural Born Killers?

Comment

He's currently working on Kill Bill 3, and if I remember correctly there was another project of his that he keeps putting back, but I seem to be drawing a blank. I know he had a few movies he wanted to put out earlier in his career, but had to sell the stories to fund other movies. For instance, I once read True Romance was supposed to loosely link Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction together, but he had to sell it (and the new director RUINED it) so that he could finish Reservoir Dogs. Didn't he also write and originally plan on directing Natural Born Killers?
                for real? Kill Bill 3 gonna be a beast yo! i remember seeing these old white grandmas walk out of the theater during Kill Bill Vol 1 and I said to myself yeah thats right grandma this movie aint for you lol.

Quentin and Nolan are like my two favorite directors I look most forward to watching.

Spielberg used to be the MAN but that War Horse movie killed it for me lol. He needs to go back to making them Jaws or Jurassic type of thriller flicks IMO

Comment

Have you seen any of the Oscar nominated movies this year?

If so who do you think will win?

Best Actor
                  Best Actress
                  Best Supporting Actor
                  Best Supporting Actress
                  Best Director
                  Best Movie

Who you got?
                  Best Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis - Lincoln
                  Best Actress - Emmanuelle Riva - Amour
                  Best Supporting Actor - Tommy Lee Jones - Lincoln
                  Best Supporting Actress - Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables
                  Best Director - Ang Lee - Life of Pi
                  Best Picture - Argo - Ben Affleck, George Clooney, Grant Heslov

Comment

Tarantino is no longer working on Kill Bill 3. He's working on the final installment of his "revisionist history" trilogy titled Killer Crow. As for True Romance, the director, Tony Scott, didn't ruin it. Tarantino obviously loves True Romance being that he does an audio commentary for the film on the Blu-ray and DVD (and the guy never does commentaries for his films). You're talking about Natural Born Killers when Tarantino lambasted what Oliver Stone did to his script.

Comment

Working...
                    X