No announcement yet.

Mares vs Gonzalez WAS A BAD STOPPAGE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
    It was a good stoppage man Mares was done after that left hook and I had $100 on Mares.
    So you bet $100 to win like 5 bucks? Either you are stupid or lying.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
      he should of got an 8 count n see how he got up

but it wasnt a bad stoppage
      I literally got lost in your signature. Those asses on them women!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
        he should of got an 8 count n see how he got up

but it wasnt a bad stoppage
        Originally posted by Lovci View Post
        So you bet $100 to win like 5 bucks? Either you are stupid or lying.
        I'm sure it was straight up $100 for $100 with a co-worker or friend, but then again I'm not a Vegas gambling addict as what you make yourself look like.

Comment

mares wasn't getting up after the second kd. if he did, he would've been totally defenseless and gonzalez would have landed a few more hooks that could've done permanent damage. even mares couldn't argue the stoppage.

Comment

Mares had 0 defense after the 1st KD. The ref did the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
              mares wasn't getting up after the second kd. if he did, he would've been totally defenseless and gonzalez would have landed a few more hooks that could've done permanent damage. even mares couldn't argue the stoppage.
              Funny thing is, Mares was super professional with his post interviews. I'm sure he disagreed with the decision but he knows that's how the fight game goes and he made no enemies while actually getting more respect for taking the loss like a man. Mares just has to re-adjust and now take his opposition more seriously. Anything can happen in a boxing fight and this is a fight that proved it.

Comment

Should have gave him the 10 count. The ten count is there for a reason. This stopping it early when guys arent even out cold is non sense. See the gif in my sig? That's when you stop counting. There were ten seconds left in the rd. I wonder if the ref heard the warning bell?

I won money on the stoppage if you are questioning my bias.
                I wish Mares would have been allowed to finish the round but the Ref's job isn't to worry about how much time is left on the clock, etc. Sometimes Ref's have to protect fighters from themselves and negligent corners. Had Mares gotten up he probably would have just received more flush shots from a hard puncher, not a good combination.

I respect Refs that make a decisions and stick by them regardless of the scrutiny, the supportors of the defeated fighter are never pleased with the stoppage anyway unless the guys is near death. Then guess what.... the Ref gets blamed for allowing it to go on so long!

Comment

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
                  I'm sure it was straight up $100 for $100 with a co-worker or friend, but then again I'm not a Vegas gambling addict as what you make yourself look like.
                  Pointing out a stupid bet/lie makes me look like a gambling addict? Don't be mad because you disagree with my stance.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                    I wish Mares would have been allowed to finish the round but the Ref's job isn't to worry about how much time is left on the clock, etc. Sometimes Ref's have to protect fighters from themselves and negligent corners. Had Mares gotten up he probably would have just received more flush shots from a hard puncher, not a good combination.

I respect Refs that make a decisions and stick by them regardless of the scrutiny, the supportors of the defeated fighter are never pleased with the stoppage anyway unless the guys is near death. Then guess what.... the Ref gets blamed for allowing it to go on so long!
                    I wasn't supporting Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
                      Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                      Pointing out a stupid bet/lie makes me look like a gambling addict? Don't be mad because you disagree with my stance.
                      Sorry buddy, but you pointing out a man's bet as if he was only going to win $5 only leads me to believe you're thinking Vegas odds and you were trying to insult him. I only insulted you back because you come off as a douchebag looking down on someone.

I have no idea if you bet like that, I was only expressing an opinion how you came off and you were trying to down-talk the man like I did to you. Doesn't feel pleasant? Does it? I was being very tongue in cheek with the comment, but at the same time I guess you were too.

Maybe, you should just choose your comments more wisely for a more respectable reply from people? Or maybe not?

Comment

Working...
                      X