Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this proof in the pudding that the USSR would've gone balls deep against anyone?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharp_Shooter View Post
    If the USSR fighters would have been allowed to turn pro in the 60's 70's nobody would be talking about Ali, Frazier,... today
    I wouldn't go that far... But nobody would be talking about USA being hands down the best.

Comment

Yeah, beating a fifty year old by decision definitely proves the superiority of the USSR.

Comment

Hopkins is shot in total now.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
          Dude, look at the am's back in those days compared to now.

Plus back then you'd never have some wack ass dude like Algeiri. GTFOH.
          Umm, you realize Algieri was a two time world kick-boxing champion, right? And he had a background in kickboxing and combat for most of his life?

You do realize that, right?

DUde is a natural athlete, and extremely intelligent. Most boxers lack one of those two - he's got both. He's also got mental toughness, and all the intangibles. He's got evrything to be a world class boxer.

Being a great football or basketball player doesn't mean you'd have been a great boxer..

¨Lebron James, doe¨! ¨Julius Peppers, doe¨! LOL.. While you discredit a man with a legitimate combat experience background for majority of his life... You give the benefit of the doubt to guys who never had any sort of combat experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Yeah, beating a fifty year old by decision definitely proves the superiority of the USSR.
            excuses were inevitable. 50 or not - hopkins was a p4p rated boxer, and top 3 in the division.

but one fight doesnt prove anything.

but ussr would have produced just as great of boxers as usa did. imo. they certainly are now - that can't be denied.

Comment

Also what does it say that America's second best boxer refuses to go up 7 pounds to fight Kovalev?

Yet has no problem issuing challenges to smaller guys? Yet won't even mention Kovalev's name. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp_Shooter View Post
                If the USSR fighters would have been allowed to turn pro in the 60's 70's nobody would be talking about Ali, Frazier,... today
                You are basing this on 1990's greats like Alexander Zolkin and Yuri Valin I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post
                  Also what does it say that America's second best boxer refuses to go up 7 pounds to fight Kovalev?

Yet has no problem issuing challenges to smaller guys? Yet won't even mention Kovalev's name. Lol.
                  October 2014 join date and already posting in the Lounge....I think I'm getting trolled.

Comment

October 2014 join date and already posting in the Lounge....I think I'm getting trolled.
                    Can't blame the guy, the boxing forum is almost insufferable.

Comment

Or maybe getting beaten in a logical debate, so you resort to ¨troll.¨

Nothing I've said this far qualifies as troll-ish: 1.) All of what was once the USSR, and other allied communist countries currently have just as many top fighters as USA does; 2.) America's third best boxer (arguably - and one could make a damned good argument), Hopkins, just had his ass kicked by their third best boxer, or somewhere around there.; 3.) America's second best boxer wants nothing to do with Kovalev; 4.) Lebron James, doe! Basketball, and Football, doe!

Comment

Working...
                      X