Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is football the best sport in the world because anyone can become great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by l-ELG-2-3 View Post
    ive seen a video of khan saying he is 5'9
    Yeah? its cuz hes skinny and lean that he looks taller than he actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by l-ELG-2-3 View Post
      ive seen a video of khan saying he is 5'9
      I've always said he's no where near 5'10.

Calzaghe 5'11, Khan 5'10?

Kotelnik 5'7, Khan 5'10?

De La Hoya 5'10, Khan 5'10?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post

De La Hoya 5'10, Khan 5'10?

Yeah DLH is 5' 10" and Khan looks about 2-3 inches shorter. I'd say from this pic, he's 5' 8".

Comment

Also Oritz is 5' 9" and if you kinda focus on how Ortiz would look if he was standing straight, he to would be like an inch taller than Khan.

Comment

I think that the US method of weeding people out of their sports based on physicality alone does a disservice to the effort some people expend to make it. Look at Shaun Wright-Phillips for example, his career plan included either professional football or joining Lucasfilm.

Comment

I hate baseball, but you can be any size to play.

Also NFL football, you don't have to be huge. Lots of variation in sizes. Most corners are 5-9-6-1 180-210.

You hvae to remember, most of those guys are also weighed with there pads on. So thats 10-15 lbs.

Comment

Is sports based on size? lol

To be good at any sport you need talent. Messi has talent, thats why hes good, size has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                  Of course I do, but so what? He's 5'7, barely 5'7 and he had some kind of dwarfism.
                  Damn, I never knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                    Damn, I never knew that.
                    Yea, none of the teams in Argentina were willing to spend the money necessary to treat his illness, but Barcelona had scouted him out and thought he was worth the cost to treat him. The rest is pretty much history.

Here's a video of him when he was 10. It's obvious that he had some type of growth problem. He looks much shorter and thinner than the other kids on the pitch.

Comment

That makes Soccer accessible. It does not make it "best". What even constitutes "best"?

Popularity, rules, money, Excitement, Scoring? That's far too subjective.
                      Last edited by Biolink; 01-16-2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X