• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News!

Long-term unemployed face life without emergency benefits

REBECCA KAPLAN /CBS NEWS
    Dec 28, 2013 7:00 AM EST

On Saturday, approximately 1.3 million Americans who have been unemployed for weeks, months or years are waking up to a grim reality: a steady supply of cash assistance through the Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program has been cut off, and as of right now, no help is on the horizon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/long-ter...ency-benefits/

Have to be taken off the teat at some point. Hate to say that, but it's a reality most people already faced who were previously on unemployment.

Comment

LOL bail out the banks and big corporations, give the multimillionaire farmers multi-billion dollar subsidies but lets all let the peasants starve. Woo yeaa lets all cheer and laugh about this...

Comment

I think about 6 months should be enough time, I got lucky and stumbled on to a non private sector job but yeah I had some rough gigs where you had no protection and management could do whatever they wanted with you so it can be tough.

Certainly something will be put in place later and there will be a new safety net which yes some people will obviously take advantage of.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
          LOL bail out the banks and big corporations, give the multimillionaire farmers multi-billion dollar subsidies but lets all let the peasants starve. Woo yeaa lets all cheer and laugh about this...
          Yes....We need to do that too. It's the only way to have true Capitalism.

But Govt need to be smaller and not have the power to give out subsidies in the first place...then the lobbyists will have nowhere to go. I don't blame the welfare /unemployed, I blame the govt for giving out the welfare in the first place. I don't blame the Corporations with their hand out...I blame the govt for having the power to give out subsidies in the first place. That's not Capitalism...it's distorting the market. If there is news of a cap being put on subsidies... I will create a 'good news' thread just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Fatcat View Post
            Long-term unemployed face life without emergency benefits

REBECCA KAPLAN /CBS NEWS
            Dec 28, 2013 7:00 AM EST

On Saturday, approximately 1.3 million Americans who have been unemployed for weeks, months or years are waking up to a grim reality: a steady supply of cash assistance through the Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program has been cut off, and as of right now, no help is on the horizon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/long-ter...ency-benefits/
            can we do something about disability and section 8 fraud?

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
              can we do something about disability and section 8 fraud?
              The Disability fund will run out of money in 2016...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...H1U_story.html

Comment

The Disability fund will run out of money in 2016...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...H1U_story.html
                Some people can't function in everyday life, we need disability I take care of a disabled adult and the cost should not burden me for no fault of my own but its my tax dollars and I am fine with it.

I guess old people should just work until they fall dead huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Some people can't function in everyday life, we need disability I take care of a disabled adult and the cost should not burden me for no fault of my own but its my tax dollars and I am fine with it.

I guess old people should just work until they fall dead huh?
                  Is this your appeals to emotions fallacy for me posting an article that states that the disability fund will run out of money in 2016? Yes...it's not the govt ' s job to over see something like this. But it doesn't matter what I think....The trust fund is going broke.

Comment

Is this your appeals to emotions fallacy for me posting an article that states that the disability fund will run out of money in 2016? Yes...it's not the govt ' s job to over see something like this. But it doesn't matter what I think....The trust fund is going broke.
                    Who's job is it then would you say?

Comment

Working...
                    X