Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fight at Ringside Tournament - Facing a giant. Who won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Good fight WarMaidana!! I like how you went to the body early, and I like the head movement, Sometimes it's hard to get inside on a tall fighter but he didn't know how to maximize his height and reach advantage. Good job!

and WAR MAIDANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks bro! Would give rep but gotta spread some around more first

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post

Heres my 8th fight, it was at Ringside Boxing Tournament in Kansas City. Its the biggest amateur boxing tournament in the world it happens every year. There were 1600 boxers and 1000 fights. Lots of states were there, Canada, Australia, Mexico, and a few other countries.

I met Kermit Cintron and took a pic with him, guys from his gym were fighting and he trained there wednesday and thursday and then headed down to OKC for his fight on Friday Night Fights. Kosta Tsyzus gym was there, Ponce De Leon's gym, Cintrons gym and Roy Jones Sr. I fought a guy who had Roy Sr. in his corner.

Im red corner, guy I fought was a giant, 6'3" while in 5'8" so I had to get dirty on him. I did a bit to much holding but i had to blast inside and keep him there and make it ugly. Plus they changed my time of my fight and which ring i was in, i had at maximum 5 minutes to run get gloved up and get in the ring. I almost got DQ'd for being late, yet somehow when i got there my opponent was gloved up, waiting and ready to go. It seemed shady i had ZERO TIME to warm up but it seemed like he knew ahead of time. Oh well I still thought I won, but he got the nod.

Who do you guys thing won?
      First, I think you should have won the fight. You scored many points in round 3. I was surprised by the referee Some tips that should help you:
      If your fighting a southpaw, always move to the left side of him. Start all your combinations with the right hand and finish them also with the right. I should recommend not to hold him everytime you go to clinch, just hold your hands up high and punch him with good shots. That's what I think

Haroldas
      Last edited by Haroldas; 08-09-2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Good ****. I think he won. He tagged you quite a bit when you were making your way inside. You had the right idea though, roughing him up. You can tell you made him feel uncomfortable.

Also, you reach too much with your jab. You seem to use it as a throwaway tool; no commitment. Jab can be a great tool to disorient southpaws. I generally like to aim high with the jab to just throw it out there to paw or distract them so they cannot return shots back over my left shoulder. Follow those jabs with a straight to the body and see what openings are there then on. It's my bread and butter.
        Last edited by BG_Knocc_Out; 08-09-2013, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxYrBw6xFDs

Heres my 8th fight, it was at Ringside Boxing Tournament in Kansas City. Its the biggest amateur boxing tournament in the world it happens every year. There were 1600 boxers and 1000 fights. Lots of states were there, Canada, Australia, Mexico, and a few other countries.

I met Kermit Cintron and took a pic with him, guys from his gym were fighting and he trained there wednesday and thursday and then headed down to OKC for his fight on Friday Night Fights. Kosta Tsyzus gym was there, Ponce De Leon's gym, Cintrons gym and Roy Jones Sr. I fought a guy who had Roy Sr. in his corner.

Im red corner, guy I fought was a giant, 6'3" while in 5'8" so I had to get dirty on him. I did a bit to much holding but i had to blast inside and keep him there and make it ugly. Plus they changed my time of my fight and which ring i was in, i had at maximum 5 minutes to run get gloved up and get in the ring. I almost got DQ'd for being late, yet somehow when i got there my opponent was gloved up, waiting and ready to go. It seemed shady i had ZERO TIME to warm up but it seemed like he knew ahead of time. Oh well I still thought I won, but he got the nod.

Who do you guys thing won?
          IMO you won the first 2 rounds, clearly winning the second (using amateur and pro scoring systems). Round 3, I dunno.. Judges probably thought you were hitting glove, but I thought you connected pretty cleanly with a lot of hooks. Judging in the amateurs is fúcked up.. You were the ring general, you went forward and pushed the fight, you appeared to land more punches, hurting him more than he hurt you, and you got the L..

Happens in boxing lol

Comment

Working...
          X