Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Boxers sometimes talk to each other on the phone b4 a press conference?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Boxers sometimes talk to each other on the phone b4 a press conference?

I mean let's be honest, a lot of the prefight stuff seems fabricated and sometimes fake. I can imagine Zab Judah and Danny Garcia or Mayorga and Fernando Vargas talking to each other on the phone before a press conference and during that call they figure out what to say to hype the fight.
    You guys think that happens often? I can imagine it does happen. I do not have proof, but...
    at the end of the day both fighters know the more hype the fight gets the more money they make (PPV or in the future)

It could sound like this:
    Zab: "Danny, Ima call ya dad a b*tch and call you a bum".
    Danny: "Cool"

u just answered your own question.......

It could sound like this:
    Zab: "Danny, Ima call ya dad a b*tch and call you a bum".
    Danny: "Cool"
    .....with this ^

Comment

I heard Broner and Paulie have been doing exactly that. Don't know if it's true but I wouldn't be surprised

Comment

I think they do fabricate the conference to get more buys etc

Comment

Originally posted by Ro2535 View Post
          I heard Broner and Paulie have been doing exactly that. Don't know if it's true but I wouldn't be surprised
          I heard an interview of either Broner or Paulie (don't remember right now) which he did right after the infamous press conference in which he said that they are actually friends in reality; I think it was Broner who said it. So...they probably are hanging out normally, and now they hype the fight, after the fight they will embrace each other. I got no problem with that, I am just saying the beef is fake and I am pretty sure the "Jessica" story was an idea of both Paulie and Broner.

Comment

I think the Paulie / Broner thing is real - the point of doing stuff like that isn't only to hype the fight but also to get under the skin of the fighter so he makes mistakes in the fight.

For example this happened in the Khan vs Garcia fight - after Angel went on the racist rants, Khan fought a dumb fight, too aggresively and got knocked out. Similar pre-fight antics happened in Hopkins vs Trinidad, Mayorga vs Vargas etc.. it's attempting to get the psychological upperhand.

Comment

The disputes are no different than WWE...let's be honest. Everything is done for one reason put butts on seats both at home and in the venue. At the end of the day - we all want to get paid.

Comment

Working...
              X