Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible for froch to go down as the best ever british fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible for froch to go down as the best ever british fighter?

With ward injured, what can froch do if anything achieve this stature. I noticed alot of you guys didnt even mention him as one of the best britsh fighters ever...

Beat Kessler in a rematch, beat Ward in a rematch and IMO he's done it

Comment

if he could avenge defeats to Kess and Ward, then maybe beat Degale OR groves youd have to put him up there yes. that would be pretty resounding and defining to me

Comment

I don't think so.

But if he beats Kessler and Bute again this year he'll be amongst the British greats IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I don't think so.

But if he beats Kessler and Bute again this year he'll be amongst the British greats IMO.

i wouldn't give hiim much extra cred on another bute win. what's he done, really?

kessler would be a nice win. a decisive win would also give strength to his performance in the first fight, which was frankly a pick em type of decision.

the real test for froch, imo, is a fight with ward. you want to be a great boxer from a great boxing country? you gotta beat the top guy in your division. then there is 175. froch has crazy long arms. solid bas on him, too. he can make for a solid LHW, imo. there aren't great names there, but it would give strength to wins over top 10 type guys if they're at 175.

i think froch is planning an exit strategy. he's a bright guy. i've heard that he's made some nice real estate moves, and owns rental properties.

two or three more fights for froch are what i think we're likely to see him take. kessler, maybe bute because of that contractual BS. they want the kessler fight on neutral ground or in the UK, and that sounds like a hill they're willing to die on.

Comment

Not if you count Fitzsimmons as British.

Comment

Nope.......

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i wouldn't give hiim much extra cred on another bute win. what's he done, really?

kessler would be a nice win. a decisive win would also give strength to his performance in the first fight, which was frankly a pick em type of decision.

the real test for froch, imo, is a fight with ward. you want to be a great boxer from a great boxing country? you gotta beat the top guy in your division. then there is 175. froch has crazy long arms. solid bas on him, too. he can make for a solid LHW, imo. there aren't great names there, but it would give strength to wins over top 10 type guys if they're at 175.

i think froch is planning an exit strategy. he's a bright guy. i've heard that he's made some nice real estate moves, and owns rental properties.

two or three more fights for froch are what i think we're likely to see him take. kessler, maybe bute because of that contractual BS. they want the kessler fight on neutral ground or in the UK, and that sounds like a hill they're willing to die on.
                I think beating Bute on his hometown would be just another notch on his very good resume. But mainly because it's contracted and likely to happen. I'll be happy if it's skipped.

Avenging the Kessler loss would be a big win.

Not much else out there unless he goes to 175 and beats Dawson?

Froch will never beat Ward IMO so I won't entertain it.

Comment

He's a couple shades too light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    He's a couple shades too light.
                    That's stupid.

Most people consider the red-haired pasty white Fitzsimmons to be the GOAT of Britain.

Comment

Working...
                    X